• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Circular os Straight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circular os Straight?

Hello,

I was just wondering which is better when applying polish/sealer/wax, I don't have a machine it's all by hand.

I have always used the long sweeping straight lined approach, for example the bonnet - 1st along the length and then accross, as opposed to a circular motion?

Thanks
    Bryan

just my .02 based on my experience, it is better to apply in overlapping circular motions to ensure even coverage.

Comment

Re: Circular os Straight?

Originally posted by Blr123
      Hello,

I was just wondering which is better when applying polish/sealer/wax, I don't have a machine it's all by hand.

I have always used the long sweeping straight lined approach, for example the bonnet - 1st along the length and then across, as opposed to a circular motion?

Thanks
      Bryan
      Hi Bryan,

Read this article...

Circles or Straight Lines?

Actually, all of the articles in the sub-forum Hot Topics are very good to read.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by tinman2
        just my .02 based on my experience, it is better to apply in overlapping circular motions to ensure even coverage.
        I agree, especially for products that have to be applied in a very thin coat.

There is one advantage to straight line motions. If you should accidentally cause some swirls, they will be in straight line pattern and will only be noticeable from one angle of view.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Thanks guys

Bryan

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');