• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Spots - On Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Spots - On Windows

How do i get water spots off the windows?

thanks

I have had good success claying my windows.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thanks for the quick response - I will give that a shot.

Comment

A gallon jug of distilled white vinegar will remove water spots, on the whole car if you need to. Wash your car with your normal car shampoo, rinse, then use the distilled vinegar. Just wipe it on with a sponge, and rub it in. Let it sit 30 to 60 seconds, then rinse. When you're done, wash the car again with shampoo and rinse. By the way, vinegar will remove your wax.
        Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Re: Water Spots - On Windows

Originally posted by flash80
          How do i get water spots off the windows?

thanks
          Glass Polishing...Deep Cleaning
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I have heard that 0000 very fine steel woll is a good option. Any feedback on this method for windows?

Comment

I have some Chrome Care +Plus and it says it will remove waterspots from metal and glass. haven't tried it on glass yet.

Comment

I have heard that 0000 very fine steel woll is a good option. Any feedback on this method for windows?
                I've used it with Dupont's compound (Mild I think) before......It worked well for me, but it takes a lot of effort to clean the stains off.
                r. b.

Comment

I have heard that 0000 very fine steel wool is a good option. Any feedback on this method for windows?
                  I've heard of people recommending this for years now, I've seen this advice posted on other detailing forums, I've watched people use this on glass also.

If I were you, unless you don't care about the glass/car, I would avoid using steel on glass. I've owned my share of old cars in my life, many with windows that look like they've been cleaned with steel wool, especially when the sun hits the glass dead on...

The best way to remove water spots and other gunk that builds-up over time on window glass is find a product that has the ability to cut through and abrade off the gunk without scratching the glass.

There are some actual glass polishes on the market, I don't know if they work, or how they work as I have never tried them. I have however used both Meguiar's M04 and M49 for over 15 years now by hand and by machine and both are fairly effective for this purpose. At least you won't scratch the glass. I included an link to an article where how the #4 Heavy Cut Cleaner works is discussed thoroughly so I won't repost that information here.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');