• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faded paint on 1998 F-150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faded paint on 1998 F-150

I have a 1998 Ford F-150 truck and I have some paint fading on the hood, top and fender. How can I restore the Finish.
    Attached Files

Yes. Easily.

I took the liberty of uploading your photo into my gallery.

Kind of looks like someone applied a wax or something and didn't remove it all? Or the paint is severely oxidized?

If you want to do a one-step process then get yourself a bottle of ColorX and after washing the car apply this section by section doing a good job of working this strong cleaner/wax into the finish.

ColorX

If you want to do a multiple step process and do everything you can to get the most out of your truck's paint, then click on the below link.

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

Even though we're not addressing swirls in your situation, the products and the process will yield the desired results.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey sjwalrath

I moved your post to the Detailing 101 forum so others may reply or ask questions.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Mike Will this remove it if it's oxidation thanks

Comment

Both methods I listed will remove the oxidation. Click on the below link for an example of what can be done with ColorX

1986 Ford Bronco II - Extreme Makeover
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');