• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 Black Lexus LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Black Lexus LS

Here is I car I recently detailed on my trip down to Long Island. The owner of the car was at first very skeptical of giving his nice Lexus to some teenage kid to detail. However, when he saw the results afterward, his jaw almost hit the floor. After he got back his newly detailed car I found him driving around town for no particular reason, just to show it off. He even parked it ouside each morning for all the neighbors to see instead of keeping it in his garage as he normally does.

The Process

1. NXT Generation Car Wash

2. Professional Detailing Clay

3. #80 Speed Glaze to remove some minor swirling from the dealer

4. NXT Generation Tech Wax

5. Medallion Premium Paint Protection

Wheels and Tires

Hot Rims/Cool Care All Wheel Cleaner

NXT Generation All Metal Polysh

NEW NXT Generation Insane Shine Tire Spray

Glass

NEW NXT Generation Glass Cleaner

Plastic

PlastX

And now for the pictures...

Me and My Girlfriend Looking at the Hood

The 2005 Lexus LS next to another Lexus almost 15 years old. Both are newly detailed.

Let me know what you think!

Chris
    Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Looks Awesome Chris!

Your work reflects your dedication to the craft! Black colored cars are the most difficult to work on because the color of the paint tends to show every defects. If you can make black paint look this good, it demonstrates your skill level is very high. You might want to increase your prices for work like this as hopefully you'll get some good word-of-mouth advertising from this customer.

Nice work, great results.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Great job and great choice of products!

I've always liked the Medallion Premium Paint Protection (MPPP)! It should help cut down on dust accumulation with its anti-static properties.

Insane Shine is my favorite tire dressing. It looks great on the Lexus! You will find that it is very durable too.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

very nice!

Comment

Nice work Chris.

Amazing results.
          Alex
          '01 Blk Max. SE
          '03 Blk G35 Sedan (GF's car)

"Hooked on Clay"

Comment

Nice work Chris!

I wished those products were available when I was your age!
            r. b.

Comment

Nice work Chris!!! It really shows in your attention to detail! Well done!

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I just realized that you used Medallion over NXT.........I'll have to give it a go before my bottle begins to degrade.
                r. b.

Comment

Wow, very nice work, I bet the customer has no doubts about your abilities now...

Question, I've never tried to Top NXT Tech Wax with MPPP, just curious if it provides more depth or shine in your opinion. I have started topping NXT on my black car with #26.

Again, very nice.

Tom

Comment

Is the MPPP widely available? Where can i get it? I don't see it in the Meguiars store. Is it accepted here (on MOL) that the results when used on top of GC/NXT or any other Meguiars wax are a step up in appearance/durability?

Again Chris, superb work!
                    Alex
                    '01 Blk Max. SE
                    '03 Blk G35 Sedan (GF's car)

"Hooked on Clay"

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed
                      Wow, very nice work, I bet the customer has no doubts about your abilities now...

Question, I've never tried to Top NXT Tech Wax with MPPP, just curious if it provides more depth or shine in your opinion. I have started topping NXT on my black car with #26.

Again, very nice.

Tom
                      I really like the look of MPPP over NXT on black cars. I used this same combination on this dodge dakota .

It seems to add more depth and warmth to the paint.

Chris
                      Chris

1994 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by Love My Ride
                        Is the MPPP widely available? Where can i get it? I don't see it in the Meguiars store.
                        MPPP was discontinued not too long ago, but I'm sure it it's still available at the auto paint & bodyshop stores.

It's a tough wax.
                        r. b.

Comment

Great job Chris!! I too have a black car and they do look SWEEEET when they're detailed correctly...you should be very proud of your efforts...

One question, how long did it take you to detail it ?
                          Bill Poirier
                          West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
                            MPPP was discontinued not too long ago, but I'm sure it it's still available at the auto paint & bodyshop stores.

It's a tough wax.
                            I have two unopened bottles of MPPP. For the right price I may consider parting with one of them if somebody really wants it. I really like the MPPP but I am so hooked on NXT that I have not used MPPP recently.

RamAirV1
                            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD
                              Great job Chris!! I too have a black car and they do look SWEEEET when they're detailed correctly...you should be very proud of your efforts...

One question, how long did it take you to detail it ?
                              It took about 2 hours roughly with both my girlfriend and I working on it. Could have probably been done in less time but it was early in the morning and we were both moving rather slowly.
                              Chris

1994 Accord

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');