• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waxing Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxing Basics

Well folks, I have been behind the scenes on this site and picking up some real great information from all of you. I did some poking around to see if what I was seeeking was already posted in the many various subjects on this site (and I did use the search function) but don't seem to see it so I decided to register on here and post my Q's here. Forgive me if it already was addressed.

1) When waxing by hand, what is the best way to avoid from getting wax on black plastic trim? Or is it just a "be very careful" not to do it thing.

2) When there is wax spots on black plastic trim and it has been there awhile, is there anyway in removing it?

3) Where painted parts of the vehicle meet (ie. Fender to bumper parts and so on) for waxing, what is the best method of removing wax in the crevices where the parts meet? I always used an old tooth brush but wonder if this may be to aggressive of a brush and would like your thoughts to other alternatives.

BTW: I have been a Meguiar's fan for many many years (30 years?). When I sold my Vette to start a family, I never really had the time to be the fanatic I use to be about washing, waxing and so on. Now, my kids are a little older now and I have some idle time to get back into it all again. I have 2 new vehicles so I plan on keeping them looking that way forever or longer . I was thrilled when I happened across this site and look forward to reading your thoughts. Thanks a bunch.
    Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');