• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please post questions to the forum...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please post questions to the forum...

From the bottom of the forum homepage... you can always get to the forum homepage by clicking on the logo on ANY page found in the upper LEFT hand corner, this one...

New to our forum?
    • Not sure how to register?
    • You've registered, but have not received your confirmation e-mail?
    • You're not sure how to sign-up for your club's detailing class?
    • You're not sure how to reply to a thread?
    Click on this link for answers to the above questions!

Just a note... you cannot Reply to a thread or Post a new message until after you have become a registered member. See the above link for more information.

For people new to discussion forums, after you have registered with the forum and your account has been confirmed, if you want to Reply to a thread, look for the Reply text button as shown below in the thread that you want to reply to. The Reply Button can be found at either the top left hand side of the page of the bottom left hand side of the page of any thread.

Top Left Hand Side

Bottom Left Hand Side

If you want to start a new thread, then click to the appropriate forum by clicking here and selecting the forum that best describes what your topic will be about and then look for the button on the left hand side of the page that says, New Thread and click on it. You'll see a place to type in your Subject and below that a message box that you can type your message into. After you're finished with your message, click on the Submit New Thread button and your message will be posted to the forum.

If you're unsure as to how to navigate between pages in a thread basically you want to look for the little numbers at the top and bottom of each thread and these numbers represent the pages of the thread. Here's a picture,

Thanks for joining our forum and joining in the fun!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Please post questions to the forum...

For all our Lurkers out there, if you have questions, please register with the forum and post them to the forum. Please don't send them to me in an e-mail.

Each day I get people that cite the forum and then ask questions via e-mail. While this is convenient for them, it makes me have to reply by sending them the link to this thread and doing my best to help them to understand I can only type so much in each day, (look at some of my replies and count how many words are in them).

I type fast but I have more work to do each day than I can get done, so priority ALWAYS goes to questions posted to the forum, not sent to me in an e-mail.

With an e-mail, only 2 eyeballs benefit from the questions and answers. With the forum potentially hundreds and thousands of people benefit from the questions and answers.

Does that explain why priority goes to the forum and not an e-mail?

Thank you for understanding, if you read what I wrote in the first paragraph of the message that started this thread on page one here,

PAGE 1 of this thread

You'll note that I started it out by saying
      I feel bad for posting this, but each day I have people who have discovered our forum, read through it, and then decide to personally e-mail me their questions.
      And I do feel bad, but there's only so much typing time in each day and I have to give priority to the forum as directed by my Manager.

Thank you for understanding.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');