• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please post questions to the forum...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please post questions to the forum...

Originally posted by drradin View Post
    I am new to this car care forum. Hopefully I am doing this correctly. I recently bought a new Porsche Cayman and really want to take care of it. All the different polishes/waxes are confusing. The sales guy at Murray's auto told me to use the Meguiar's cleaner wax and about a week later use the Carnauba wax. So I bought these. I was wondering what people thought?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Hi Dan,

When you're new to forums it can be kind of confusing...

This thread you replied to is actually a thread I wrote back in 2005 to hopefully guide people to post their questions to the forum and not send them to me via e-mail or a Private Message, it's not really where people are supposed to post their questions....

Here's a great place to post general questions...

Detailing 101

Basically you would copy and paste your message above and then click the link Detailing 101 and start a new thread like the picture below shows.

If you want to start a new thread, then click to the appropriate forum by clicking here and selecting the forum that best describes what your topic will be about and then look for the button on the left hand side of the page that says, New Thread and click on it. You'll see a place to type in your Subject and below that a message box that you can type your message into. After you're finished with your message, click on the Submit New Thread button and your message will be posted to the forum.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by drradin View Post
      I am new to this car care forum. Hopefully I am doing this correctly. I recently bought a new Porsche Cayman and really want to take care of it. All the different polishes/waxes are confusing. The sales guy at Murray's auto told me to use the Meguiar's cleaner wax and about a week later use the Carnauba wax. So I bought these. I was wondering what people thought?

Thanks,
      Dan
      In case you don't re-post....

The sales guy is kind of right in that what he told you will insure the paint is clean with the first product and with the second product you'll be adding more wax and hopefully bringing up the finish quality a notch.

If this is a brand new Porsche, you shouldn't have to do anything but wash it and apply a quality wax, NXT 2.0 would be our recommendation.

Sadly, all too often a brand new car will have DISO that is

Dealer Installed Swirl Option

Best thing to do is to wash the Porsche, then pull it into the sun and inspect the appearance for swirls. There shouldn't be any, if there are then if you want to remove them we can show you how.

Cobweb Swirls vs Rotary Buffer Swirls

Next, feel the paint with your clean hand, it should feel smooth and glassy, if you fell little bumps this means you need to clay the paint. New cars can get dirty with bonded contaminants, it just depends upon what's in the air around the car.

How often do I need to clay my car's finish?

Both of the above threads were found in "Hot Topics"

Have Questions? Looking for Answers?
      So much good, practical and helpful information in these two forums
      Hot Topics
      How To Articles

Hope this helps...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I cant sign in for a saturday event help meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

I still not able to register or chat with no one

Comment

Mike i tried the link, did not work

Comment

Originally posted by pollo View Post
              I cant sign in for a saturday event help meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
              Mike i tried the link, did not work
              I still not able to register or chat with no one
              There's nothing to panic about, we add member's name as we can, often times behind the scenes were typing in another program and you can only type in one window at one time...

Check the first page of this thread and you'll see your name is on the list.

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21198

1. Ed- chessplayer
              2. Toan - Nighthawk06Si
              3. Evan- ms3ftw
              4. Kurt - Blk N Wht GT
              5. Daniel - Hckyplayer024
              6. yoram - bluefx35
              7. Tom Reed
              8. Nick - ndesimone
              9. Mike
              10. Robin
              11. Bob - bob_amos
              12. Pollo

See? Nothing to worry about....

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

love the site, spent hrs just looking at post that might help........my heads in a spin with all the info .....cheerssssssss

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                  love the site, spent hrs just looking at post that might help........my heads in a spin with all the info .....cheerssssssss
                  Glad you like it.

I though someone was going to post another question to this thread which is comical because this thread isn't about posting questions to it, it's about telling people not to send me their questions via e-mail or via Private Messages and me thinks that Forum Newbies think it means to post their questions to this thread when they should be picking the appropriate forum to post to, and not this thread.

It's so mis-understood it's comical.

Here's where most questions should be posted if a person is unsure where to post it, (but not to this thread).

Detailing 101

It's all good....
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Is there a value added of using one coat of #21 and one coat #26. Do this will improve the look..

Thank you
                    God put me on earth to accomplish certain number of things. Now, I am so far behind that I will never die...

Comment

Originally posted by GenLee View Post
                      Is there a value added of using one coat of #21 and one coat #26. Do this will improve the look..

Thank you
                      Lot's of people like M26 as a topper, best thing to do is to give it a try on your car and see how it looks in your eyes.

By the way, this thread is not actually a place to post questions, it's a thread that asks people to post their questions to the forum, but not specifically this thread.

It's actually getting quite funny....

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

What kind of Wax should I use

Hi my Name is Brad . I am going to detail a 1958 Pontiac . What kind of wax should I use on the paint and chrome . This is all orginal paint and chrome . Should I buff the paint ?

Comment

Your first step is to EVALUATE the vehicle. Does it shine? Is the finish rough to the touch? Are there paint defects you want to correct?
                          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Re: What kind of Wax should I use

Originally posted by bradmumaw View Post
                            Hi my Name is Brad . I am going to detail a 1958 Pontiac . What kind of wax should I use on the paint and chrome . This is all original paint and chrome . Should I buff the paint ?
                            Please start a new thread in this forum,

Detailing 101

If you don't know how to start a thread, look at the picture below

If you want to start a new thread, then click to the appropriate forum by clicking here and selecting the forum that best describes what your topic will be about and then look for the button on the left hand side of the page that says, New Thread and click on it. You'll see a place to type in your Subject and below that a message box that you can type your message into. After you're finished with your message, click on the Submit New Thread button and your message will be posted to the forum.

This thread is not for asking questions it was started as way to ask people to not send me questions via e-mail.

For some reason, people keep posting questions to it, for that reason we're going to close it.

Thanks.

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Re: What kind of Wax should I use

Originally posted by bradmumaw View Post
                              Hi my Name is Brad . I am going to detail a 1958 Pontiac . What kind of wax should I use on the paint and chrome . This is all orginal paint and chrome . Should I buff the paint ?
                              Like Joe said, what condition is the paint?

I'll take a guess that it's dull and oxidized to some extent as that's what happens to single stage paints as they get older without regular care.

We do a lot of extreme makeovers on single stage paint here at Meguair's and what we tend to use is M80 Speed Glaze. This product works great for removing oxidation and restoring the color to the paint. You can use it by hand or machine.

After you rubb all the paint out using this product you can then apply a product like NXT Tech Wax to maximize the gloss and shine.

Like this,

1974 Mercedes-Benz 450 SL

Before - Yes the paint is actually turning from red to white in some places

After
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

We're closing this thread as it's gotten out of control.

It's a thread asking people to post questions to the forum, but not specifically this thread.

If you don't know where to post your question then the Detailing 101 forum is a great "Catch-All" forum for any kind of question.

Here's the link to the Detailing 101 Forum

Detailing 101

IF you don't know how to "Start a thread", then look at the picture below which by the way is also on the bottom of the forum homepage with some other pictures that show Newbies how to do common things on the forum.

Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');