• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please post questions to the forum...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please post questions to the forum...

***Bump***

As we start the week and go through our e-mail and send the link to this thread to people that have sent questoins vial e-mail.

Thanks...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

If possible... please post questions to our forum and try not to send them to me in an e-mail or a Private Message...

I always hate making this request but I was off yesterday and so far today most of my time has been answering questions in PM's and e-mails.

The problem with this is only one set of eyeballs sees the answer and that's not necessarily a bad thing but if you think about how much "Typing Time" we have each day, the best use of our time is typing answers where hundreds of eyeballs can see the answers.

It's just a better use or leverage of our typing time for the big pictures; that's because if you have a questions it's highly likely someone else has the same question but is afraid to ask it.

So public questions and public answers help more people and maximize our typing time...

Have to go soak my fingertips in some warm water...
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Was teaching a class on Saturday, here's the link,
        Click here to read more or add your comments...

(can't answer e-mails or PM's when working with 37 people in a garage)

Then on Sunday we like to try to take a day off to spend with our family, especially if we're gone the majority of the day on Saturday.

And now on Monday we start reading the e-mail and PM's that have piled up since Friday and then we "Bump" this thread...

Can't spend time "Typing" out how-to books in PM's and E-mails. It's just not the best way to prioritize our time because the forum is the right place for people to ask questions.

Please post your questions to the forum. If you're not sure which category to post your questions then post them in Detailing 101

Detailing 101

If you're reading this and you're not a member of the forum, then please register and post your questions to the forum.

Thank you so much for understanding, it's not that we don't want to answer questions in e-mails and PM's or we can't answer them in PM's and e-mails it's just there's too much to do each day and typing out answers in PM's and e-mails is not the best way to leverage our typing time.

Thank you....

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

***Bump***

Always feel bad asking people to take their questions sent via e-mail and PM's and post them to the forum but there's only so much typing time in each day and our typing time is best leveraged when our answers are posted to a public forum where hundreds, if not thousands of eyes can benefit from the answers versus just one set of eyeballs.

Thanks for understanding...
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

***Bump***

It's great that people read our forum and then send me their questions via e-mail, but please understand, the idea of the forum is to ask and answer questions on it, not send them to me via e-mail.

So if you're a lurker and you want help, please take a few moments to register and then after your account is approved you can post your questions to to forum.

There's just not enough "Typing Time" in each day to answer questions via e-mail for one set of eyeballs when if the same question is posted to the forum hundreds of eyeballs can benefit from the questions and answers.

Thank you...

Click here to register

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

mike, any plans to do a class in phoenix az anytime soon ?.

Comment

***Bump***

If you're a Lurker...

PLEASE please please...

If you have questions, take a few seconds to join the forum and post your questions to the forum, don't send them to me or Tim via e-mail. I can't spend all day answering questions for one set of eyeballs in e-mail.

It defeats the purpose of having a forum.

I feel bad when I only give a nutshell version of the answers you're looking for and then include the link to this thread but answering questions via e-mail takes way my typing time on the forum and out of the two options, typing answers to the forum is the better use of my typing time.

Thanks,

Now... off to send the link to this thread to all the people that have e-mailed me questions since last Thursday.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by dadcat41 View Post
                  mike, any plans to do a class in phoenix az anytime soon ?.
                  We're sure we'll have a class or two but no dates have been selected yet. Best thing to do is to subscribe to the newsletter because we will always announce upcoming classes in the newsletter.

That way if you don't visit the forum very often you'll at least get the notification via the newsletter.

Can't tell you how many car clubs contacted me to let me know how disappointed they were our class schedule was FILLED before they knew about it yet we sent out THREE mass e-mails letting people know we were switching to the newsletter to notify people when we were taking reservations for classes.

Click here to sign-up for the newsletter

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Can the new product, NXT, be used on the fiberglass esterior of my 5th Wheel? How about the vinyl graphics - they are not "painted surfaces" and NXT directions tell you not to use the product on these surfaces. Could the "stick on" graphics eventually "lift"? Thanks!
                    Paul

Comment

NXT can be used on your 5th Wheel.

NXT is NOT formulated for vinyl graphics, we would like to note that some people have used it successfully on vinyl graphics to make them look better and protect them.

Do a search on vinyl graphics

We make no claims or guarantees about whether our "Car Wax" will be save for YOUR vinyl graphics on your 5th wheel, if you decide to apply it to these surfaces you're on your own.

Some people would "experiment" with any product they were considering using on their vinyl graphics and see if it works, by this we mean see if it makes the graphics look better.

Perhaps contact the manufacture and ask them what they recommend and if they don't have a recommendation then ask them how their customer's are supposed to maintain the product they sell.

Please post back here the response you get.

Thanks!

p.s.

For a question like yours, it's better to start your own thread.

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I have a 1967 Corvette that was painted black clearcoat basecoat a year ago. There are water spots on it that washing and waxing won't remove. I tried a wax that had a little polishing compound in it and all it did was make a bunch of fine scratches. What is the best way to remove the water spots short of wet sanding? Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Comment

Just a reminder...

We love to help people by answering questions but there's only so much typing time in each day, so if possible, please post your questions to the forum instead of sending them in an e-mail or a Private Message.

Than you!

If you're unsure as to where to post a question, then you can always post them in the Detailing 101 forum which is kind of a catch-all forum.

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by copythis View Post
                            I have a 1967 Corvette that was painted black clearcoat basecoat a year ago. There are water spots on it that washing and waxing won't remove. I tried a wax that had a little polishing compound in it and all it did was make a bunch of fine scratches. What is the best way to remove the water spots short of wet sanding? Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Hi copythis,

New to forums?

We'll move your post to Detailing 101 and then answer it there before leaving for the office today.

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by copythis View Post
                              You would likely be best to start a new thread, that way all of the responses will be in one place for you.

ScratchX would be the product to look at, though it will be a lot of work by hand.
                              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I am new to this car care forum. Hopefully I am doing this correctly. I recently bought a new Porsche Cayman and really want to take care of it. All the different polishes/waxes are confusing. The sales guy at Murray's auto told me to use the Meguiar's cleaner wax and about a week later use the carnuba wax. So I bought these. I was wondering what people thought?

Thanks,
                                Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');