• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will ScratchX remove my car's clear coat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will ScratchX remove my car's clear coat?

Hello

I would like know if Paint cleaner and Scratch X would remove or hurt the clear coat on my truck.

Thank you
    Jon
    2006 Pontiac GTP Coupe Black
    1966 oldsmobile f-85

Re: Clear cota

Originally posted by redenvoy
    Hello

I would like know if Paint cleaner and Scratch X would remove or hurt the clear coat on my truck.

Thank you
    Jon
    Hi Jon,

Paint cleaners are for cleaning paint. By the word cleaning, we don't mean washing, we mean removing defects on the surface and below the surface. The only way to remove a scratch for example is to remove a little bit of paint surrounding the scratch. You don't actually remove a scratch because a scratch is missing paint and you can't remove something that is not there.

Does that make sense?

Neither our Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner nor our ScratchX will remove all of your clear coat and neither will hurt it in the sense of destroying it. The Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner is a very gentle chemical only paint cleaner while the ScratchX contains a diminishing abrasive and offers more cleaning power.

What it is you want to do?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hello

Thank you, Mike for your quick response. I am looking to get a mirror finish on my car. I have two hair line scratches that are down to the melt. I am looking to remove them without painting those spot. What could I do to remove those scratches?

Thank you,
      Jon
      2006 Pontiac GTP Coupe Black
      1966 oldsmobile f-85

Comment

Actually it can remove the clear coat but you would have to beat the car with the tube really hard to get the clear coat off

Comment

Originally posted by redenvoy
          I have two hair line scratches that are down to the melt.
          You typed the word, melt, did you mean metal? If not, I'm not sure what you mean by the word melt?

I am looking to remove them without painting those spot. What could I do to remove those scratches?

Thank you,
          Jon
          If those scratches are down to the metal, the only option is to add more paint, in other words you can either apply some touch-up paint or have the areas repainted by a body shop.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');