• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microfiber Towels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microfiber Towels...

Hey guys I bought ScratchX yesterday and the problem is I have no applicator pads... Target was out ot them. So I bought some Microfiber TOWELS which said it can be used for Washing/Drying/Detailing... And I'm wondering if I can use Microfiber Towels to appy Scratch X...

Or do I have to use applicator pads..If I do I'll go out and buy some..

Also, after I use ScratchX do I have to appy polish or wax? Is that step necessary? I don't need my car to be very shiny... I would just like to get the swirls off.

Thanks...
    1997 Mercedes Benz C280 Sport
    www.club202.com

Re: Microfiber Towels...

Originally posted by kvuong
    Hey guys I bought ScratchX yesterday and the problem is I have no applicator pads... Target was out out them. So I bought some Microfiber TOWELS which said it can be used for Washing/Drying/Detailing... And I'm wondering if I can use Microfiber Towels to apply Scratch X...

Or do I have to use applicator pads..If I do I'll go out and buy some..
    Hi kvuong,

Thanks for posting this to the forum... I get too much e-mail

You can apply ScratchX using a fiber material, but you have to be careful as clear coat finishes are scratch-sensitive and fiber materials are more aggressive than foam applicator pads. As long as the fiber material is soft microfiber or 100% cotton terry cloth you should be okay, but test first in an inconspicuous area before working on the middle of your hood.

Also, after I use ScratchX do I have to apply polish or wax? Is that step necessary? I don't need my car to be very shiny... I would just like to get the swirls off.
    "Yes!" ScratchX is only a paint cleaner, after using it you must apply a wax at a minimum to protect the paint and seal it up. Stopping at the paint cleaning step will leave you finish unprotected. Applying a polish after ScratchX and before waxing is an optional step.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike for replying!

I think I'll go buy some pads at my local Kragen Auto Store. And I think I'm gonna go with the protection step.

Once again Thanks Mike!
      1997 Mercedes Benz C280 Sport
      www.club202.com

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');