• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High tech yellow wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High tech yellow wax

has anyone got info on the high tech yellow wax megiures use to have ? GEO

Re: High tech yellow wax

Originally posted by geoofruskin
    has anyone got info on the high tech yellow wax megiures use to have ? GEO
    Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Meguiar's #26 is a hugely popular blended wax! It works fantastic, especially on reds and blacks! It creates a deep, warm, rich glow to the paint. Here is a link to the #26

#26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hi geoofruskin,

Check this out...

What are the differences between Meguiar's waxes?

There's some information on M26. Great wax, been around for a long time, creates a very clear, rich reflective finish. It's unique in that it doesn't dry white, to know when to wipe it off you really need to use the Swipe Test.

How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I wonder if #26 is going to be able to meet the new VOC rules?

I hear that some carnauba waxes are not going to be able to comply.
        r. b.

Comment

Re: Re: High tech yellow wax

Originally posted by 2hotford

Meguiar's #26 is a hugely popular blended wax! It works fantastic, especially on reds and blacks! It creates a deep, warm, rich glow to the paint. Here is a link to the #26

#26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax

Tim
          Thanks all for the replies. i looked at the link but i use to get it in a small tin with an applicator .I like the wax because it doesnt leave a white haze residue in the cracks and crevices .and it is easy to work .You dont have to work your fanny off like the old Blue Coral . also do they have a plastic cleaner for the Headlight lenses . GEO

Comment

Re: Re: Re: High tech yellow wax

Thanks all for the replies. i looked at the link but i use to get it in a small tin with an applicator .I like the wax because it doesnt leave a white haze residue in the cracks and crevices .and it is easy to work .You dont have to work your fanny off like the old Blue Coral . also do they have a plastic cleaner for the Headlight lenses . GEO
            No problemo!!! In the link I provided, you will see the part # of M-2611. That is the paste wax version of #26!!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
              I wonder if #26 is going to be able to meet the new VOC rules?

I hear that some Carnauba waxes are not going to be able to comply.
              Everything in our line complies with the V.O.C. regulations enacted for 2005 including M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax in both liquid and paste versions.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Re: Re: Re: High tech yellow wax

also do they have a plastic cleaner for the Headlight lenses . GEO
                Hi Geo,

Get yourself a bottle of PlastX, you won't be dissapointed... You'll see this products listed at the bottom of this reply. I've included a reply from another post to share all the Meguiar's Plastic products and some information about each one.

Originally posted by adreed24
                I have never used "PlastX", but I was wondering if it should be used for maintaining and protecting new vehicle plastic OR should it be used strictly for restoring older plastic?

I thought that since "PlastX" removes scratches, it might be too strong or abrasive, for newer plastic.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
                PlastX can be used for maintaining plastic in new condition, but it's probably overkill because there are other plastic products more specifically formulated for your application.

Below are all 4 of Meguiar's Plastic products, M10 Plastic polish is a non-abrasive, non-cleaning polish formulated specifically for maintaining clear plastic surfaces. This would probably be a good choice to start with.

Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Polish

The finishing touch for maximum clarity and brilliance. Meguiar’s Plastic Polish provides the second step in our two-step restoration process for clear plastics. One easy application protects surfaces previously cleaned with our M-1708 Plastic Cleaner. You will reveal the materials natural brilliance, while leaving behind an anti-static coating that helps repel damaging dust and dirt.

M-1008 ....................8 oz. (237 ml) $9.98

Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Cleaner

Safely removes hairline scratches, dirt and grime. Clear plastic that has lost its clarity due to significant contamination and fine scratches should be treated using our two-step process. Meguiar’s non-abrasive, alcohol-free Plastic Cleaner aggressively cleans and removes scratches without harming the surface. Follow up with our M-1008 Plastic Polish for a perfect finish.

M-1708 ....................8 oz. (237 ml) $9.98

Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Detailer

A single-step solution that keeps clear plastic surfaces pristine. Regain the original crystalline clarity of plastic in need of restoration, using this convenient all-in-one product specially formulated by Meguiar’s. Simply spray it on and wipe it dry. You will safely remove surface contamination and achieve dramatic results on everything from window panels and instrument lenses to eyeglasses, CDs and picture frames.

M-1808 ....................8 oz. (237 ml) $8.98

PlastX

This easy to use, rich gel formula quickly restores optical clarity to both rigid and flexible plastics. Cutting-edge advancements in Meguiar's exclusive Microscopic Diminishing Abrasive Technology, (MDAT), removes light oxidation, chemical degradation, surface contamination, stains and light surface scratches with ease. In addition, because our microscopic diminishing abrasives breakdown as you use them, PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish is safe on plastic rear windows on convertible tops, aircraft windows, motorcycle fairings, face shields, headlights and taillights, instrument panels, all clear plastic boat surfaces and aquariums. Meguiar's PlastX also contains highly water-resistant polymers. These specialized hi-tech polymers provide long lasting durable protection to keep your clear plastics clear and beautiful longer. PlastX is non-toxic and does not contain any harsh solvents.

G-12310 ....................10 oz. (296 ml) $4.99
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Plastx is great. I had a fogged looking break light on my Vette and it cleaned it up.

Comment

Is PlastX stronger than #17?

The Dodge has some bad cloudiness on the headlamps, and I tried to clean them up with #17, but after much rubbing I only managed to remove maybe 30 to 40% of the haziness.

I tried this with the Hi-Tech pad, and with a terry rag too.
                    r. b.

Comment

Is PlastX stronger than #17?
                      PlastX contains special microscopic diminishing abrasives to make it a more powerful and effective defect remover compared to M17 Plastic Cleaner.

Plastic Cleaner as far as I know uses chemical cleaning action only. PlastX is much better at actually removing a scratch out of plastic.
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                        PlastX contains special microscopic diminishing abrasives to make it a more powerful and effective defect remover compared to M17 Plastic Cleaner.

Plastic Cleaner as far as I know uses chemical cleaning action only. PlastX is much better at actually removing a scratch out of plastic.
                        Thanks.

I'll pick up some soon.

Edit: Seems like I remember feeling some fine abrasives in #17 though.
                        r. b.

Comment

Thanks.

I'll pick up some soon.

Edit: Seems like I remember feeling some fine abrasives in #17 though.
                          Must have been some dirt on your fingers?

Shake the bottle up very well and feel again, it will feel like rich high lubricity lotion.
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                            Must have been some dirt on your fingers?

Shake the bottle up very well and feel again, it will feel like rich high lubricity lotion.
                            Yep.......You're right.

But it does sound a little gritty when I am rubbing it in with a piece of cloth.......Maybe it's the cloth that's fooling me.
                            r. b.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');