• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synthetic Sealant #21 - Two Thumbs Up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthetic Sealant #21 - Two Thumbs Up!!!

I just wanted to give my rave on another fantastic Meguiar's product, #21 - Synthetic Sealant.

Last weekend, I was able to apply #21 after waiting two weeks for the rain to come to an end here in South Florida. As you can see with the photos, I am MUCH pleased with the result of my paint's finish. Since I just recently detailed my car 3 weeks ago, and also being short in time, I was only able to Apply #80 - Speed Glaze before using #21. (NOTE: Just got #80 last week and this too rocks. If there was a "sure" item to have in anyone's arsenal of detailing products, #80 would be it. Now it is time to get my hands on #83 and give it a run. Perhaps the few minor swirls left over after #80 will diminish after using #83)

Anyhow, after #80 came #21 and I could not explain how clear, and crisp the finish became after wiping it down with the Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe. I HAD to apply the wax in the hot sun (garage was occupied), and for the short time I allowed the sealant to work itself on the finish, I was most pleased with the results. When most people said that #21 would be similiar to applying NXT and #26, I knew I had to get my hands on this product. And after seeing it with my own eyes, I too agree with everyone else's comments. My paint was smooth as glass (similiar to NXT), with rich depth and amazingly clear crisp reflections. I even tried applying NXT paste wax on top of the #21 just to see what the finish may become, and under the conditions I was in (hot sun, no shade, HIGH humidity) I did see a minor difference between the panels (sorry no photos).

I, however, will say that topping NXT over #21 enriched the darkness of my black finish by a tad. It was almost unrecognizeable at first, but after getting a friend's opinion, topping with NXT enriched the depth of the paint, BUT my mirrorlike reflections seemed to not be as clear and crisp (once again, a tad bit) when compared to the panel that I did not use NXT on.

Whatever the end result, I was pleased with both of the finishes I received, with and without NXT. I most likely would try applying two coats of #21 in my next detail. That or trying applying NXT first and top off with #21. I would be curious of the final result. With so many options that Meguiar's offers us, the possibilities are endless.

Meguiar's continues to impress me with each product that I purchase from their vast line of products. With so many combinations to choose from, I now have the ability to chose the finish I'd like to have in my next detail. Rich deep gloss with a smooth as glass feel, or a sheen enriched reflective paint with crisp mirrorlike reflections. Which to choose next?

Once again, thanks Meguiars.

Sincerely,

Julius

- "IF I HAD MORE HANDS, I WOULD GIVE YOU FOUR THUMBS DOWN"

Rangerpowersports.com
    Ranger72

Comment

It has pretty good durability too.

I put it on my vette in April at the Meguiars "Fun Day" and it still looks awesome!
      -Bob
      NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

#21 is great. I have been detailing a lot this summer and #21 has been my wax of choice. I got a sample of it a few months back and it has lasted over 10 cars, there is still a lot left. I love how easy it is to remove. Great all around wax.

Comment

r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt1Corvette
            #21 is great. I have been detailing a lot this summer and #21 has been my wax of choice. I got a sample of it a few months back and it has lasted over 10 cars, there is still a lot left. I love how easy it is to remove. Great all around wax.
            How would you compare #21 to NXT Tech Wax which I've been using.??.
            Bill Poirier
            West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

After taking the advice of all of the MOL users I decided to get the #21. I must say that I too am very, very pleased with this product. The #21 is a must have, it goes on and off with ease. It also has staying power, dirt rolls off of my finish...

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE #21 IN YOUR ARSENAL....GET IT
              Wash, Polish, Wax...Just Do IT!

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD
                How would you compare #21 to NXT Tech Wax which I've been using.??.
                just my opinion but #21 is easier to maintain. nxt has a little ( I do mean little) more of a pop in the begining but to keep it up you need to use the booster wax, where the #21 seems to hold its initial look long. If you love to keep up on your car either is a awsome product. If you doing someones car that just going to wash it and thats it than I think #21 is the way to go. (but keep in mind thats not a knock on nxt and it has nothing to do about duribility, just looks.)
                2019 GMC Sierra
                1500 AT4

Comment

That sure looks good!
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I have only used #21 on clients cars, so on durability and how long the shine lasts I can't honestly comment. I really like it because of how easy it applies and removes. Also how long the wax has stretched. It has given a good shine on everything from light colored metallic cars all the way to single stage black paint. Finish doesn't have as much pop as NXT, but very, very close. The ease of application makes it great when you are working by the clock.

Comment

I just got a jug of #21 and used it on my MINI over NXT. I applied #21 over an area that was NXT'd a week ago, and when running my fingers over the panel protected by #21 and then over the adjacent panel with NXT, you can feel a slight drag, meaning #21 feels slicker.

I've been a huge fan of NXT Tech Wax since it came out, but I think #21 is my new replacement. It's very easy to apply by hand, wipes off with no effort, and really is slick to the touch. I initially just did my hood, but had to do the rest of the car once I found how great it worked.

On the windshield pillars, we have these black plastic covers that always get swirled out. When I touched the pillar with my finger, it dragged, but after a single application of #21, it felt like a mirror. Amazing. I love this stuff!!!
                      Richard Lin
                      ShowCarDetailing
                      5548 E. La Palma Ave
                      Anaheim, CA 92807
                      toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

ALL #21 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Awww Joe, why did you have to go do that now??
                          LOL. Now I HAVE to post a picture of how great my car looks with #21.

Actually I polished out a similar black Mercedes this past weekend when I didn't have #21, and the client loved the NXT results, but next month, I'm definitely going to be using #21 for sure!!
                          Richard Lin
                          ShowCarDetailing
                          5548 E. La Palma Ave
                          Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Ok Joe,

Your beautiful photo above inspired me to take some of my own pics of my MINI today and here they are..in all their M21 glory!!

Specs: 2003 MINI Cooper
                            Paint: Factory Metallic Indi Blue/White
                            Miles: 49,700

Richard Lin
                            ShowCarDetailing
                            5548 E. La Palma Ave
                            Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Lookin' good guys.

I really like that color of blue too.
                              r. b.