• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What product to use for water spot on Windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What product to use for water spot on Windscreen

Hi,

I have waterspots all over my front and rear windscreen.

Claybar does not remove the spots.

When I was applying #21 with a ROB, I accidentally brushed thru the rear windscreen and amazingly it did remove the spots.

So I used on my rear windscreen. Crystal clear but when I use my wiper, it created a squeeking sound.

Could you please recommend a method and product to remove tough water spots on windscreen?

p/s:- those water spots on bodypaint was easily removed by #80

Water spots are typically dried minerals deposits. Vinegar should dissolve and make their removal easier. Soak a cotton cloth in vinegar and lay it on the windscreen. Let it sit for a couple minutes then wipe.

If this doesn't work us a polish like 82 or 80.

If spots remain then the glass may be etched.

It sounds like you removed the spots so to get rid of the squeaking I'd rub the windows down with vinegar and then re-clean them with Meg's Glass cleaner or IG. Don't forget to rub the wipers down or if the wiper blades are old get some new inserts.
    Last edited by jfelbab; Jul 1, 2005, 05:23 AM.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Check this thread...

Glass Polishing... deep cleaning
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

As always, thanks for the great info.

But before #21, it doesn't create the squiking sound. Any idea how to remove the sound? Will 1 layer of #80 remove the sound since it has some ts oils that might smooth the winscreen surface?

Mike,

Too bad a bottle of #4 is too much just for removing water spots on windscreen.

Comment

Hey,

The glass is making the sqeaking/chattering sounds because of the wax or sealant on the glass. Once you use a cleaner like #83 or #82 or Deep Crystal Cleaner, that should remove the #21. I would not use #80 as it does have a paintable polymer in it which may or may not act like a true sealant or wax but why take the chance.

But as Mike suggested the #4 is the best way to go. It only comes in a 16 oz bottle and you will use it periodically to clean the glass anyway. As such, it is a valuable tool to have in your detailing supplies.

After polishing the glass with the above, I would then go over it with the NXT Glass Cleaner and thoroughly wipe it down.

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Ah. My bad. I was looking only at the photo and I thought it was 1 gallon.

I will try it with DCS1 first.

Thanks a lot HotFord.

Comment

Hey,

No problem!

Mike will have to get the tech guys to change the photo to a 16 oz bottle. It used to come in both the 16oz and the gallon, but not any longer.

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');