• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

plastic bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plastic bumpers

I was wondering which product i should use to clean and restore the front and rear bumpers on my rx7 convertible. they are the rubber ones color matched to the rest of the car color and are starting to get a little dull. any help would be greatly appreciated.

plastic bumpers

I was wondering if anyone has any info on how to clean and reverse the fading on the color matched plastic bumpers on a rx7. Do you polish and wax it or something else? Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Re: plastic bumpers

Originally posted by starquality
      I was wondering if anyone has any info on how to clean and reverse the fading on the color matched plastic bumpers on a rx7. Do you polish and wax it or something else? Any help would be appreciated
      You know I often see this on Corvettes where the front and rear flexible plastic bumpers and rear body panels meet the rigid body panels yet I've never seen a product or a process that will prevent the color change.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

ive found to clean those bumpers, i use spray tire foam....s\mask off, spray, soak, wipe and voila...the cleanest stubble plastic ive ever had

Comment

I would try some Color X.
          Protecting my "ride"

www.carwasher.com.au

Comment

Re: plastic bumpers

Originally posted by starquality
            You can polish and wax it, which will help the look some and add some protection, but the only solution is to repaint. I have the same problem with my '93 Grand Prix, and I have kept it waxed since it was new. It still faded. This issue is common among GM's vehicles in the 90's. Also, I have noticed this problem with cars like yours. Sorry.
            Bama

Comment

Hey,

I have merged your same two posts into one thread. Please do not double post. Thanks!

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');