• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Paste + PC = Who needs a liquid wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Paste + PC = Who needs a liquid wax?

I just use NXT Paste Wax the W9006 pad and my PC.

At first I was a little worried about applying a paste wax with my PC but many here on MOL suggested it so I thought I would give it a try. I will tell you this paste wax applies better then the NXT Liquid Wax via PC.

I was a little unsure how much paste to apply to the pad to "prime" it. I did end up applying too much paste to the pad at first, laying a nice THICK layer on the paint! Note to self... a little goes a LONG ways! This appears more true with a paste wax.

Once I figured out how much paste I needed to apply to the pad I was able to lay a nice thin easy to remove layer down. It seemed that the paste spread over the surface of the paint slightly easier than the liquid. There was something different about applying the paste over the liquid and I can't pinpoint it, just seemed to work better. Using a spoon to apply the paste to the pad worked very well and is only slightly slower than applying a liquid wax to the pad. Also the pad does not get saturated as easy as they can with a liquid wax.

Here is how I applied the paste to my w9006 pad using the back of a spoon:

I am going to change to the paste just as long as it continues to perform as it did today.

Oh... it looks like a can is going to last me a lifetime, I used very little.

I am sold! Did I mention it looks good to?

Wash with NXT/#80/#26/NXT Paste Wax - All Via PC:

Last edited by gb387; Dec 5, 2005, 03:43 PM.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

hot damn, another great write up gb387!

Comment

Maybe we should start including a little plastic spoon, or spatula with each can of wax?
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I gave NXT Paste Wax using the W9006 pad and my PC a try on my truck.

Here are the end results... this is a great way to apply a paste wax.

Here are my steps:
        Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
        Clay - Meguiars Clay
        NXT Generation Car Wash
        #80 Speed Glaze
        #81 Hand Polish
        NXT Generation Tech Wax Paste
        Applied all products with PC and removed NXT wax with Ulltimate Bonnet.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Looking real good. Nice and defined reflections.

Comment

I used NXT Paste Wax as my LSP using the dual action polisher on "The Vette Lady's" Corvette.

Steps

M80/W-8006/Dual Action Polisher - Speed Setting 5.0
            2 x NXT Tech Wax Paste/W-8006/Dual Action Polisher - Speed Setting 3.0

This is the original clear coat finish on this 1982 Corvette so I didn't want to get any more aggressive than the M80. In person the paint looks like wet glass, it really came out nice.

It will be on display at the upcoming Route 66 Rendezvous . Barry Meguiar will actually be at this event receiving their 2005 Lifetime of Achievement Award.

Special Guest include,
            • Kustom car creator George Barris
              racing artist Kenny Youngblood
              Chip Foose from the custom car television show “Overhaulin’”
              Queen of late night "B" movies, Cassandra Peterson, better known as Elvira

Looks to be a great show this year, if you're in the area be sure to check it out...
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Whoa... I wonder if thats the same one my buddy just bought a couple weeks ago. The pics he posted and that one both have the red thingy hangin' from the rear view.

Heres the one my friend just bought with 450 original miles on it.

Same one Mike?
              ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
              561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
              --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
              --

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');