• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new silver car. Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new silver car. Suggestions?

I just took delivery of a new metalic silver Toyota Avalon. The paint is near perfect now - and I want to keep it that way. Can you suggest a regimen that won't tax my 72 year old body too much?

I still have the black Santa Fe, but the work to keep a black car in the "OOOH-AAAH" stage is getting taxing on my time and energy.

Over two years on this board I have accumulated a lot of products - sort of my hobby.

Ray Jicka aka Gadfly

MMMM.. Avalon.. sweet car. Cant wait for my parents to get one, so I can drive it.. though I think they are getting the maroon.

It would be very good to clay the car, even being new, you can still have lots of junk on the paint that you cant see. After that, it is a bit more up to you. And at least silver wont show quite as much dirt/marks.

If working by hand, I think ColorX, followed by Nxt, paste or liquid, would be an excellent combo, and not to taxing. I'm 25 and dont mind avoiding a step or two every so often .

You can always try that method on you Santa Fe as well, see if it gives good results a bit easier or not. Obviosuly, separate steps is better than an all in one product, but ColorX is a darn good all in one product, and might just save your sanity a little.

Btw, sweet car .
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Brand new silver car. Suggestions?

Originally posted by Gadfly
      I just took delivery of a new metallic silver Toyota Avalon. The paint is near perfect now - and I want to keep it that way. Can you suggest a regimen that won't tax my 72 year old body too much?

I still have the black Santa Fe, but the work to keep a black car in the "OOOH-AAAH" stage is getting taxing on my time and energy.

Over two years on this board I have accumulated a lot of products - sort of my hobby.

Ray Jicka aka Gadfly
      Initially, just wash, clay and wax, and then after that wash and wax and clay only when your surface evaluation deems it necessary. If the car is parked outside all of the time then you might have to clay a few times a year.

NXT Tech Wax would be a good first time wax and a good maintenance wax.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

You could also get good results by using #21 polymer on that silver paint.
        FRANK CANNA
        Mirror Finish Detailing
        23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

I tend to like the #21 or NXT Tech Wax on silver!!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

When I'm out there detailing my customer's vehicles, I usually use NXT on darker colors, such as red, blue and black. For the lighter metallic type colors I usually go with #21. Like Tim already said, either #21 or NXT Tech Wax will work great on silver.
            FRANK CANNA
            Mirror Finish Detailing
            23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');