• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#21 Sealant vs. Nxt Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #21 Sealant vs. Nxt Wax

Mike,
    I really need some help:-)
    I guess you can call me a detail freak, but I love using Meguiars products and I recently purchased the #20 Sealant. Prior to using the product, I washed and clayed the vehicle next I put the #20 Sealant on (by hand). I wasn't amazed with the results, they were nothing like I expected. the shine was ok, but it was nothing like I'm accumstomed to with the NXT.
    So, yesterday I called your Customer Care center and ordered the #21. I've seen the posts on this product and everyone seems thrilled with the results. Can you tell me if I should coat the #21 with Nxt, or is the #21 a stand alone product. Ultimately, I want the kind of shine that will make heads turn
    Any assistance that you or anyone else can provde will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
    Wash, Polish, Wax...Just Do IT!

Some personal feedback for you. I was at the Meguiars "fun day" and tried some #21 on my vette.....it looks great! Excellent shine and 2 months later it still looks great. I'm sure Mike has some pictures that he can post.
    -Bob
    NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

RDVT4ME

Did you top the #21 with Nxt, or is it a stand alone product. How did the shine compare to the NXT Tech Wax?
      Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

I just used #21. I thought the shine was very good. I did not do a side by side comparison with NXT, but I feel that the #21 shine on my red vette looked as good as I remember the nxt.

Hopefully Mike with chime in here. I know he has some excellent pictures from the "fun day" that will show the shine on my vette.
        -Bob

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Re: #21 Sealant vs. NXT Wax

Originally posted by Dee
          Can you tell me if I should coat the #21 with NXT, or is the #21 a stand alone product.
          M21 Synthetic Sealant is a stand-alone product, that is it is a paint protectant that needs not other product to add to the results it can produce.

It does have a light amount of cleaners in it so it is not what most people consider a pure protectant. A handful of people on the Internet will say that because a product contains a cleaner it cannot be layered because the second application will remove the first application. The truth is, two thin coats will leave more wax on the surface than one coat and three thin coats will leave the maximum amount of protection on the finish before you've reached the point of diminishing returns.

M21 leaves a high gloss, super shiny finish when applied to a properly prepared finish, or to a finish that is in excellent condition to start with. as many products go, the key is always in the prep work.

I recently spoke with Joe of Superior Shine Mobil Detailing, Joe's been detailing cars for over 17 years professionally. He told me for cars that they pre-clean, or have already previously detailed, all they use is the M21 Synthetic Sealant. If it gets Joe's approval, that's a pretty powerful testimony.

Take this product for a test drive and tell us what you think...
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you both, I can't wait to see the results. I will use both the NXT and #21 in tandem. One week (or month) will be all #21 and the next week/month I will use #21. I will give the M#20 to my dad, he can make good use of it, as his car is much older and he is not the car freak that I am:-)

Thanks again to both, and I will try to post my pictures once I been able to apply the products:-)

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME
              I know he has some excellent pictures from the "fun day" that will show the shine on my vette.
              I will try to locate these exceptional pictures and post them! Thanks for reminding me we took them after the M21

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

This is what my brothers truck looked like after M21, I think it doesn't get much better!

Reflextion of the lap siding on my sisters house.
                M21, GOOD STUFF!!
                2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
                AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
                1st Place-Best Overall Detail
                3rd Place-Best of Show
                March 26th, 2011

Comment

Here's another one, my van in the background.

Did some very good prep work before hand, 83, and 82 with the rotary. Clay also.

I don't think it can get any better. What do you think?
                  2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
                  AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
                  1st Place-Best Overall Detail
                  3rd Place-Best of Show
                  March 26th, 2011

Comment

I have seen the performance of #21 last week during the launch of it. Really like the glossy finish which it can produce. Now I need to clear up my NXT Tech Wax before buying #21. Seems like waxing all 3 cars at home weekly is the way.
                    zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Mike all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
                      That finish is awesome, it looks so clean and glossy.
                      As soon as it arrives in the mail I will get to work, I too am a Toyota owner and I hope to get the same results.

Those pics are amazing:-)

Comment

An update for Mike

I washed the vette last night. It's been 2 months since I applied the #21 and it looks awesome. Great depth and shine. I'm really pleased with the results. Too bad it only comes in gallon sizes. Any thoughts by Meguiars to package it in a smaller size?
                        -Bob

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME
                          An update for Mike

I washed the vette last night. It's been 2 months since I applied the #21 and it looks awesome. Great depth and shine. I'm really pleased with the results. Too bad it only comes in gallon sizes. Any thoughts by Meguiars to package it in a smaller size?
                          With all the great reviews #21 has had and the pics to go along with it, an enthusiests size package would be great.
                          Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Comment

Hey,

Just to chime in...

Meguiar's #21 comes in a 1/2 gallon (64 oz) size only. If you like it as much as I do, you will be using it often!!!

#21 on silver!!!

Tim
                            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

These are some really nice shots, and I just got NXT! How much better is 21 was the question I didn't see answered?

You all do it by hand or with a PC? Also, did you use anything before the 21 in these photos? The red truck looks great!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');