• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brass wire type detailing brush? When would you use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass wire type detailing brush? When would you use it?

Everytime I walk down the car care isle at Walmart I see these bass wire detailing brush, where in the world would you use that type of brush? I know I wouldn't I would think that it would scratch everything it touches! Am I missing something?

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

They are made for whitewall tires and white lettering...

Lynn
    Lynn Matthews

Comment

I'm not sure I'd even use a brass brush on my tires and they get muddy.
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

Re: Brass wire type detailing brush? When would you use it?

Originally posted by gb387
        I see these bass wire detailing brush, where in the world would you use that type of brush?
        A brass bristle brush is usually used during the cleaning process for boats that have teak wood. The brass brush is used to thoroughly scrub the teak wood after the teak cleaner solution is applied. The brass brush helps to scrub out the old teak oil which in turn cleans the wood getting it ready for a fresh application of teak oil.
        FRANK CANNA
        Mirror Finish Detailing
        23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Well I guess there are some uses.... might not be too good on the paint huh!?!?

I can just see someone (no knowing much about detailing) buying it and using it as a "detail" brush on plastic or around trim or something.
          Last edited by gb387; Apr 14, 2004, 05:04 AM.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

A brass brush and some degreaser on the undercarriage steel parts can help to get that road grime off of those parts.
            Mark
            1969 Mustang Mach 1 428CJ
            1988 Mustang LX 5.0 Conv
            2002 F150 Harley Davidson
            2003 Mustang Mach 1 4.6 DOHC

Comment

Originally posted by msmarcus
              A brass brush and some degreaser on the undercarriage steel parts can help to get that road grime off of those parts.
              ok, now theres a good use. I hate it when I don't think of those things.
              2019 GMC Sierra
              1500 AT4

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');