• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Shine Tire Spray Complaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Shine Tire Spray Complaint

I have been using Meguiars products for almost 20 years. And I have always been satisfied with the products until now.
    Just got a new bottle of Hot Shine Tire Spray and the sprayer is total garbage!
    I got more product on my garage floor and on my fenders than I did on the tires.
    Meguiars should seriously consider a new vendor for their bottle sprayers.

What a waste of money. I have never had a problem with any of the competitor's sprayers......

Hey mag88

Sorry to hear about your issues with the Hot Shine Tire Spray nozzle. Please call Meguiar's Customer Care and they will take care of you!

I am quite surprised as usually the spray nozzle is very well liked and works very well! Regardless, give them a call and they will take care of you!!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Do you have the aerosol or trigger spray version? I prefer to use the trigger spray (less overspray) and spray it on a Eagle One Tire Swipe. Much less mess on the floor and paint that way.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I use the trigger spray too.

It has an adjustable spray pattern on the head.
        r. b.

Comment

Thanks Tim.. I will contact them.

It is the trigger sprayer. I had to actually open the bottle and reattach the pickup tube. The trigger leaks and dribbles all over and the spray goes all over..

Comment

Originally posted by mag88
            Thanks Tim.. I will contact them.

It is the trigger sprayer. I had to actually open the bottle and reattach the pickup tube. The trigger leaks and dribbles all over and the spray goes all over..
            Sounds like a defective bottle to me too.
            r. b.

Comment

That 's definitely a defective sprayer. That's not typical for the Hot Shine. Meguiars will take care of that for you.

When I buy a product that comes with a sprayer, I always turn it upside down to see if it leaks. If it does, I get another bottle and repeat the test.

RamAirV1
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
                When I buy a product that comes with a sprayer, I always turn it upside down to see if it leaks. If it does, I get another bottle and repeat the test.

RamAirV1
                That's a good tip........I never thought about that.
                r. b.

Comment

Thanks, I've found a few leaky bottles that way. Anything that's plastic has the potential to leak. Just the nature of plastic I suppose.

As a side note, my last application of Insane Shine (aerosol only) was about a month ago. It is still on the tires after several rains and car washes. No other tire dressing, including Endurance, has lasted that long.

If you apply tire shine indoors, or outdoors when there is no wind the aerosol works pretty good. The sprayer on the Hot Shine aerosol is adjustable for different tire sidewall heights. But on windy days I use the trigger spray Hot Shine and apply it to a tire swipe.

RamAirV1
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Thanks for all the help. Called customer services today. They are shipping out a replacement to me.
                    I am once again I am a satisfied Meguir's customer.

Comment

Originally posted by mag88
                      Thanks for all the help. Called customer services today. They are shipping out a replacement to me.
                      I am once again I am a satisfied Meguir's customer.
                      I am very happy to hear that it has all worked out!!!

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Re: Hot Shine Tire Spray Complaint

3 bottles in a row from 2 different auto parts stores, same EXACT problem,,,,, as the topic starter had, for shame meguiars I shouldn't have to do a flippy cup test to see whether a product is good or not, if all meguiars products worked like this you guys wouldn't be in business. Im a brand loyal meguiars consumer and to have this kind of quality in any of meguiars products consistently is just bad business, please increase your quality control effectiveness on this specific product "meguiars high gloss hot shine tire spray both 24 and 32 oz. bottles"

Comment

Originally posted by 101xssab View Post
                          3 bottles in a row from 2 different auto parts stores, same EXACT problem,,,,, as the topic starter had, for shame meguiars I shouldn't have to do a flippy cup test to see whether a product is good or not, if all meguiars products worked like this you guys wouldn't be in business. Im a brand loyal meguiars consumer and to have this kind of quality in any of meguiars products consistently is just bad business, please increase your quality control effectiveness on this specific product "meguiars high gloss hot shine tire spray both 24 and 32 oz. bottles"
                          Your better off starting a new thread than bumping one over five years old.
                          Nick
                          Tucker's Detailing Services
                          815-954-0773
                          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

That is why I started using the Gel and applicator. SO much easier, I loved the hot shine spray, but it would always mist on my car..it is windy where I live.
                            My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                              Your better off starting a new thread than bumping one over five years old.
                              I agree-

I also feel it somewhat unfair to blame Megs for some of these issues. A lot of the problems with sprayers come from shipping, receiving, and stocking- none of which falls under an area that Meguiars can control.

The fact that it was 3 bottles, from the same store and one closeby tells me that a case was over-stacked, mishandled, dropped, or something else by the shipper or an issue when offloading. They're not shipped in steel crates...

I guess my .02 is- give Megs a chance to fix it before calling the entire company's integrity into question over some spray bottles.
                              2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
                              2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');