• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mildew stains on vinyl seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mildew stains on vinyl seats

I've tried just about every house hold cleaner availible - so much that I've actually removed some of the coloring in the seats / hand grips of my seadoo.

Is there a Meguiars product that will remove or lesson the dark black mildew spots on my seadoo seats (their dark teal/green).

I've applied vinyl protectant for years but when the seadoo was in storage the cover was laying on the seat way too long and it got black mildew spot that just wont come out.

Any tips or tricks?
    http://users.efni.com/~twm/delsoltagline.jpg

Try #39, follwed by an application of #40. Agitate the #39 with a soft-bristled brush, then wipe away. If you can find the EXTRA APC, that may work too

Comment

If that does not work there is a new product out in the marine market called Bytrol. It is made to get rid of mold and mildew. It also is an odor eliminator. Bytrol is only available in certain areas.

Comment

As odd as it sounds...

I have a 21' Donzi pleasure boat sitting in my driveway right now... boat's only 3-4 years old, but has been sitting under a tree for 2 years. All of the white vinyl is BLACK. The interior? HAHAHA! They oh-so-kindly left the door open the entire 2 years as well, so every time it rained (including hurricane season), it went straight inside. An opossum managed to find his way inside of it too, unfortunately, he never made it out. That was a real treat.... picking up opossum skull bits.

I tried #39 with a soft bristle brush to no avail.

I tried Bytrol, again, with no such luck.

So, it's time to use an old boater's trick... powdered Tide w/bleach. Essentially, I'm using it like Comet; wet the whole surface, sprinkle the stufff on, scrub feverishly, spray off, repeat.

It's starting to work, but this is a project and a half.

--Evan
        Vanity
        Automotive and Marine Detailing
        "Because when you want everyone to look at your car or boat's shine, that's Vanity."

Comment

Originally posted by VanityYachtDetailing
          As odd as it sounds...

I have a 21' Donzi pleasure boat sitting in my driveway right now... boat's only 3-4 years old, but has been sitting under a tree for 2 years. All of the white vinyl is BLACK. The interior? HAHAHA! They oh-so-kindly left the door open the entire 2 years as well, so every time it rained (including hurricane season), it went straight inside. An opossum managed to find his way inside of it too, unfortunately, he never made it out. That was a real treat.... picking up opossum skull bits.

I tried #39 with a soft bristle brush to no avail.

I tried Bytrol, again, with no such luck.

So, it's time to use an old boater's trick... powdered Tide w/bleach. Essentially, I'm using it like Comet; wet the whole surface, sprinkle the stufff on, scrub feverishly, spray off, repeat.

It's starting to work, but this is a project and a half.

--Evan

Mildew on boat upholstery is one of my worst nightmares! You are a pro boat detailer who know's what he's doing. Imagine the trouble I have with boat mildew. For me its about five projects.

To make matters worse, I got stuck in a thunderstorm today. It literally developed right over my boat. The lightning was terrible and I had no time to put the cover on. What would you do, leave the cover off tomorrow so it can dry out? It is supposed to be 93 degrees and sunny (yeah right!) just like it was supposed to be today. It cannot get any wetter than it is right now!

Well, I have to go down now and at least wipe off the upholstery and try to blot some of the water from the carpeting.

Does marine carpet have some mildew resistant additive? It never seems to get mildew (knocking on wood as I type this).

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');