• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Towel Advice....and Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towel Advice....and Go!

Im in need of some new MF towels and wondering what everyone is using. My typical routine for my washers are bucket method for wheels with designated tire brush, brush for barrels, and brush for face. Waterless wash with pre-soak spray and folded MF towels saturating in wash media. LSP spray wax as drying aid. I go through 6-7 towels per wash (2 for washing, 2 for drying, 1 for wheels, 1-2 for windows).

I was going to go through the rag company and pick up some eagle edgeless but I don't want to spend $4-$5 per towel on a 70/30 blend. I do like the durability of 70/30 blends for both washing and removing compound/polishes. I would like to stay around the $1-$2 range per towel, even if I have to pick up 50+ towels to obtain that price point. Im not stuck at that price point, but again, wondering what everyone is using

Thanks in advance

Re: Towel Advice....and Go!

Nowadays, I use either Kirkland Signature Ultra Plush MF towels (80/20) or The Rag Shack Premium Towel (75/25). I haven't seen a good 70/30 towel at that price point, not that I've spent a lot of time looking for one either . For $1.50, the 75/25 Rag Shack towel works for me.

Comment

I just buy the cheap ones at WalMart or where ever. Blue for paint, green for glass, yellow for interior. Wheels get whatever old ones I have on hand. Take tags off if present.
      Don't want to over think or over pay for this hobby.

Comment

Walmart.com has Meguiars Supreme Shine MF's as low as $3.89 for a 3 pack. Tough to beat that price for a good quality towel.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
          Nowadays, I use either Kirkland Signature Ultra Plush MF towels (80/20) or The Rag Shack Premium Towel (75/25). I haven't seen a good 70/30 towel at that price point, not that I've spent a lot of time looking for one either . For $1.50, the 75/25 Rag Shack towel works for me.
          The Costco specials (Kirkland Ultra Plush) is what I currently have. Its not that I am dissatisfied with them, but I know they are a mass quantity towel and I would like to try something a little more refined.

I will look into Rag Shack. Thanks

Comment

Here is a link to Michael Stoops' prior recommendations on when to use Supreme Shine towels vs. Waffle Weave Water Magnet Drying Towels.
            http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...=supreme+shine

Comment

The Supreme Shine are a great towel. Seem to be very overlooked. Meguiar's seemed to really zero in on all the necessary attributes a good towel should have.

I have some of those eagle Edgeless, and even Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile towels. They're so expensive that I'm almost afraid to use them! I have literally hundreds of dollars wrapped up in exotic towels, and have learned that I prefer a more standard, shorter nap towel, like the TRC All Purpose, and the Megs Supreme Shine.

Comment

As much as I love TRC Pluffle for drying and Eagle Edgeless for waxing/buffing, I've found a reasonable compromise with TRC Creature Edgeless. The Meguiars Supreme Shine towels I like, but sometimes I prefer a longer knap. The Creature gives me the option as a dual sided towel, short side similar to Supreme Shine and a longer side for other uses. They come in a little under $3 a towel so I don't feel too bad about having them.
                Bear in mind this comes from someone that does not do this professionally and does not have to keep 300+ towels on hand. I have a total of maybe 50. That is between 3 and 5 of towels that I really like, and a good amount of lesser quality towels that are reserved for things like interior or the odd throwaway for something especially nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwlucas85 View Post
                  As much as I love TRC Pluffle for drying and Eagle Edgeless for waxing/buffing, I've found a reasonable compromise with TRC Creature Edgeless.
                  Creature Edgeless towels are my go to towel to remove polish. The lower nap seems to do a much better job in this area.

I do tend to stick with Eagle Edgeless to remove LSP though. A thin coat of LSP should be very easy to remove.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');