• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some newbie questions - Using wax and when to detail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some newbie questions - Using wax and when to detail?

Hi all,

I am new here and have some questions when it comes to detailing.

1) Should I use Ultimate Liquid Wax after Ultimate Wash and Wax or is the wax included in the Ultimate Wash and Wax enough?

2) When I purchased my used car recently (a 2015 Ford Fiesta EcoBoost), it was given a good clean. Do I still need to wash, compound, polish and wax or can I just wash the car and wax? The car paint looks in great condition as it is.

Thank you all for your advice,

Alex

Re: Some newbie questions - Using wax and when to detail?

1) Use Ultimate Liquid Wax about every 3-6 months. The wax in the wash is just a temporary boost.
    2) It depends on the condition of the car. If you run your hand along the paint, is it smooth? If not, clay it. Is there swirling, marring, or oxidation (dull paint)? Try a polish, and if that doesn't work, move to a more abrasive compound.

Comment

Re: Some newbie questions - Using wax and when to detail?

If everything looks good and no fixes needed, I always found that something like:

1. Wash
      2. Clay - if needed
      3. Cleaner/Wax - ColorX, or the red bottle Cleaner/Wax, etc...
      4. Wax - Ult Liquid

gave a nice fast detail a few times a year, then a spray wax like Ult Quick Wax in between.

As a side note, if you havent clayed before, it is probably safe to assume it needs it. I didnt really know what smooth was supposed to be until after.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');