• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear Film for Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Film for Headlights

As per my other post, I am getting a new car and will put tints and clear bra soon enough. They have choices of 3M or XPEL.

Is there any way to protect the headlights? How about use the same clear film they use in the clear bra? Or there are difference material for the headlights?

Re: Clear Film for Headlights

Probably the same film. Go on eBay. All kinds of headlight protection kits, some pre cut for your particular vehicle. Here is a sample for Chrysler.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
      Probably the same film. Go on eBay. All kinds of headlight protection kits, some pre cut for your particular vehicle. Here is a sample for Chrysler.
      Not sure. I got this from the XPEL site after I posted this:

"Unlike other films, XPEL Headlamp Protection Film has a patented scratch resistant surface coating that provides unmatched levels of durability, stability and longevity. This coating is nearly impossible to scuff and employs a UV inhibitor to prevent shrinking and discoloration, ensuring that your headlights maintain a flawless appearance over their life span."

Comment

Originally posted by mis3 View Post
        Not sure. I got this from the XPEL site after I posted this:
        XPEL also makes the clear "bra" and other protective film, so in essence, my reply was correct. The stuff used for the bras is the same as used on the lamps. The only real difference in all of these film brands is price. Some are better than others. Read about them all, educate yourself, and pick one.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');