• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Car

My salesman got back to me. He replied "Everyone at the dealer has notified me that to not put clay on a brand new car.".
    What do they know? LOL.

I probably have to give up. I will just clay the front portion in the tints store before they apply the clear film!

Comment

Talked to the tints store, they will clay the front of the car before putting clear film.

I will do the full detailing when weather permits, maybe next spring.

Comment

Picked up the new car today. Not sure if I am fortunately or not, I don

Comment

Originally posted by BWF07 View Post
          Wash the car and dry it. Then get a small plastic bag such as a sandwich bag and put your hand in it. Then gently run it over the surface of the car. If you feel any roughness a (and I can almost bet you will) the car needs to be clayed.
          I've never quite understood what the purpose of the sandwich bag is though? Why can't you just lightly run your fingertips along the finish to feel how smooth it is? I would think that's more gentle on the paint than running something made of plastic on it (even if it's thin)
          2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            I've never quite understood what the purpose of the sandwich bag is though? Why can't you just lightly run your fingertips along the finish to feel how smooth it is? I would think that's more gentle on the paint than running something made of plastic on it (even if it's thin)
            It enhances the sense of touch.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');