• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bonnet vs Pads for buffer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnet vs Pads for buffer?

I am confused on what exactly a bonnet is. For wool and microfiber bonnets I keep seeing on the directions: "wool blend bonnet for buffing and removal of wax", "Microfiber Polishing Bonnets. These soft and safe polishing bonnets apply wax safely and evenly to automobiles". Same on autogeeks "Protect your polishing or finishing pad with a snug fitting bonnet of 100% cotton terry or high-tech microfiber" https://www.autogeek.net/temibo.html

Now from my understanding and what I read on previous threads, isn't microfiber, terry, and wool much more aggressive on paint and used for correction? Wouldn't a finishing foam pad be much better to apply soft waxes and sealants?

Also, a bonnet seems to go over a pad such a foam. Why not just buy a microfiber or wool pad? I just never see bonnets marketed for aggressiveness like I do for the same in pads. However, when I saw some threads on wool bonnets, they said it was for cutting, so I am a little confused.
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');