• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wash and Wax followed by Mirror Bright Polishing Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Wash and Wax followed by Mirror Bright Polishing Wax

Any problem following an Ultimate Wash and Wax wash with Mirror Bright Polishing Wax? I hadn't planned on waxing my truck right now, but with cold weather coming I may not have a chance to get it this clean again prior to waxing it. By the way the truck looks great with just the Ultimate Wash and Wax, but I know that protection is lacking.

Re: Ultimate Wash and Wax followed by Mirror Bright Polishing Wax

Tom-

How about giving UFF a try.

What I've seen (on our own vehicles) with UFF is pretty impressive. With all the corn/bean pickin' going on (yea, they're late) and a multitude of 'dirt roads' the dust and whatever just seems to NOT even think about sticking on the surface.

Then after a rain, all the dirty stuff just flows off with little or no water spotting.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by tguil View Post
      Any problem following an Ultimate Wash and Wax wash with Mirror Bright Polishing Wax? I hadn't planned on waxing my truck right now, but with cold weather coming I may not have a chance to get it this clean again prior to waxing it. By the way the truck looks great with just the Ultimate Wash and Wax, but I know that protection is lacking.
      You will be fine. MB polishing Wax contains abrasives in it so it will remove anything left behind by the was & wax.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks for the information. This time I'll go with the Polishing Wax. I have it on hand. I'll give UFF a try in the spring. I live on a gravel road...four miles to the nearest pavement. I KNOW dust.

p.s. BillE, I have you by a year at age 75. Been using Meguires' products almost exclusively since 1970.

Comment

Tom-

I hear ya about using Mequiar's product. I started back in 60 or 61 when I saw the guys over in the body shop using good ol' #7 (I was a wrench turner).

Got completely away from 'detailing' till 76 or 77 (was in the service for 13 years) and it was the smell of #7 that got me back into the game. By then Meg's had introduced more products for non-body shop customer-YEA!

Bill

Comment

I too started with #7 after being referred to it by some guys in an auto restoration shop. They used it on their show cars.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');