• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restoring caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring caravan

We moved to the south of France to retire about 2 years ago and we've been busy working on the house & the land, so we have neglected our caravan, which has been parked close to the forest. The caravan has now acquired a green tinge on the white paintwork and now has the traditional black streaks beneath the windows. The only material I've found that will clean the white paintwork and remove the black streaks is polishing compound, but because the van is almost 27 feet long I'd be dead & buried long before I completed the polishing job on such a vast area so I've bought a machine with no knowledge how to operate it correctly and which polishing sponge and which compound to use.

I'm well aware that the white paint on the aluminium sides is much softer than the paint on my car, so I'm treading very carefully with this. I'd appreciate any help or advice on which materials, machine speeds, etc. to use for this job.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jofang
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');