• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Chrome wheel cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Chrome wheel cleaning

Hello everybody?
    I'd like to ask you questions about cleaning up the chrome wheel. When it comes to cleaning the chrome wheel, I think it is the safest way to use a car soapy water or to use a chrome wheel cleaner. Many people say that the acid cleaners are not safe for the chrome wheel. But most of chrome wheel cleaners including Meguiar's Hot rims Chrome wheel cleaner are strong acidic. Is it OK to use acid cleaner on the chrome wheel? As far as I know, the chrome finish has good chemical resistance. So I guess the acid cleaner might be not dangerous for chrome wheel. Conversely, doesn't the alkaline cleaner have any problem for chrome wheel? Of course, I think there may be differences in the amount of cleaning, but I guess there is no problem with the safety of the chrome wheel finish itself. I think What really matters is that we should tell the real chrome wheel from the chrome like wheels such as polished wheel, PVD wheel, etc.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    I am sorry for my poor english.

Thank you very much.

June Kim From South Korea

Re: Questions about Chrome wheel cleaning

Don't know if it contains acid, however I have used Meguir's Chrome Wheel cleaner, several times, and it has not damaged my chrome wheels. As far as I am concerned, it is great stuff.

Comment

Re: Questions about Chrome wheel cleaning

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
      Don't know if it contains acid, however I have used Meguir's Chrome Wheel cleaner, several times, and it has not damaged my chrome wheels. As far as I am concerned, it is great stuff.
      Sure. Hot Rims Chrome wheel Cleaner must be great stuff to clean the true chrome plating wheels.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');