• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's equiv to Chemical Guys JetSeal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's equiv to Chemical Guys JetSeal?

Hi. Novice here. I get a good discount on Meguiar's products and Chemical Guys JetSeal sealant has been recommended to me for a glass application (said its also good on my paint). Is there an equivalent here?

Re: Meguiar's equiv to Chemical Guys JetSeal?

Welcome to MOL.

I believe jet seal is a paint sealant. With Meguiar's you have a few options: Ultimate Wax (recently reformulated), M21 (NXT is the consumer version) and the most recent Ultimate Fast Finish. UFF will last the longest out of these.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks. I wondered about Ultimate Wax, but saw a demonstration on Youtube that really... well, it wasn't exactly awe inspiring. The conclusion was that it was nowhere near as good as Rain-X (and I dislike Rain-X).

Basically I picked up a cheap Porter Cable dual action ($90 Canadian... so like $72 USD) and I'm now shopping for product to use with it. I've never detailed a car before. I recently bought a 2015 Tesla Model S over the Internet and when it arrived I was surprised at how poor condition the paint was. A *lot* of minor and not-so-minor scratches, as well as rock chips, which I realize I can't just buff out. I don't notice "swirl marks" that everyone goes on about. I took it to a body shop and they said most of the issues would polish out but they wanted $500. I'm the type that likes to DIY (yes, I bought a Tesla but I could only afford it because I'm a cheapass *@#!$$). I found the DA, so now I'm committed

But I know only what I've been reading the past couple of days.

I picked up the following products:

Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo
      Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax (figured I'd try both)
      Meguiars Car Wash Plus+ (not exactly sure why... it was cheap)
      Meguiar's SCRATCH X
      Meguiar's Ultimate Compound
      Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax
      Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer
      Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax
      Some unbranded clay bar and lubricant
      A big pack of yellow microfiber towels from Costco
      A couple of 5g buckets from Home Depot

I'm about to order:

Chemical Guys Hex-Logic Quantum Buffing Pad Orange - 5.5"
      Chemical Guys Hex-Logic Quantum Buffing Pad Green - 5.5"
      Chemical Guys Hex-Logic Quantum Buffing Pad Black - 5.5"
      Lake Country Dual Action (DA) Backing Plate - 5"

And then I was looking for something for the windshield and hopefully my shower glass so I can somehow justify all this to my wife.

So I'm certainly open to advice on what I am about to purchase, what I should purchase, etc.

Comment

Hmm... I replied but don't see it. Moderated or lost? (consider this a test post)

OK, this one is here. That's annoying... I typed quite a lot!

Comment

There may be a way to recover what you typed, it may be in the history of your browser. I use Safari so everwhere I go is listed in the history; I can just click the 'back arrow', pointing to the left of the web address I'm currently at and it'll take me to the last place I was. Even if I inadvertently don't save something it may still be there as a draft. Try it if you haven't turned off your machine yet.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');