Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner

          
  1. #1
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,434
    Rep Power
    52

    Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner

    Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner




    Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner delivers our most powerful cleaning performance that is also safe for all wheel finishes! This advanced chemistry blends road grime attacking surfactants with active brake dust dissolving agents. The deep-cleaning gel formula turns brake dust purple and road grime brown as it gently loosens stubborn contaminants. And since it's acid free and pH balanced this wheel cleaner is safe and effective for ALL wheel finishes and painted brake components.


    Features:

    • Quickly Dissolves Heavy Brake Dust
    • Tough on Road Grime and Dirt
    • pH Balanced, Safe for All Wheel Finishes


    Details:


    • Product Name: Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner
    • Part Number: G180124
    • MSRP: $9.99
    • Size: 24 oz
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

  2. #2
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner

    Hi Nick,
    How does the new UL All Wheel Cleaner compare in aggressiveness to the former Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner (G9524)? Also, is the new UL Wheel Cleaner safe to use on bare aluminum (un-coated) aluminum rims and billet aluminum aluminum wheels?

    Vettefan

  3. #3
    Mr Sparkle davey g-force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,264
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner

    Great looking product!

    Is this similar to the Dub Line wheel cleaner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

  4. #4
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,434
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by Vettefan View Post
    Hi Nick,
    How does the new UL All Wheel Cleaner compare in aggressiveness to the former Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner (G9524)? Also, is the new UL Wheel Cleaner safe to use on bare aluminum (un-coated) aluminum rims and billet aluminum aluminum wheels?

    It is tough to compare the aggressiveness to our Hot Rims series of wheel cleaners since this utilizes completely different chemistry. Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner provides very effective cleaning yet safe for all wheels. Yes we are approving for ALL wheels, including bare aluminum.

    Vettefan
    Quote Originally Posted by davey g-force View Post
    Great looking product!

    Is this similar to the Dub Line wheel cleaner?
    Thanks! Dub Wheel Cleaner does share some of the chemistry Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner utilizes but in general Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner is a more premium formulation.
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

  5. #5
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner

    Thanks again Nick.. Sounds like this new wheel cleaner may be similar to the Mirror Bright Wheel Cleaner.... Am I on track here?
    Vettefan

  6. #6
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,434
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner

    To further clarify, yes, Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner does share some of the same color changing/brake dust reacting chemistry as Dub Wheel Cleaner and our Mirror Bright Wheel Cleaner. This color changing/brake dust reacting ingredient is one ingredient among many others in these three wheel cleaners being discussed. Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner will provide the most powerful cleaning ability out of the three, and is our most premium wheel cleaner which features this chemistry.

    We think users will be pleased with Ultimate All Wheel Cleaners ability to cling to the wheel surface, allowing for dwell time to go after brake dust & road grime.
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

  7. #7
    Mr. greg0303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    2,871
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner

    Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner is going on my to-get list then.

  8. #8
    Mr Sparkle davey g-force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,264
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    To further clarify, yes, Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner does share some of the same color changing/brake dust reacting chemistry as Dub Wheel Cleaner and our Mirror Bright Wheel Cleaner. This color changing/brake dust reacting ingredient is one ingredient among many others in these three wheel cleaners being discussed. Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner will provide the most powerful cleaning ability out of the three, and is our most premium wheel cleaner which features this chemistry.

    We think users will be pleased with Ultimate All Wheel Cleaners ability to cling to the wheel surface, allowing for dwell time to go after brake dust & road grime.
    Thanks Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

  9. #9
    Wheel & Tire Moderator evo77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    To further clarify, yes, Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner does share some of the same color changing/brake dust reacting chemistry as Dub Wheel Cleaner and our Mirror Bright Wheel Cleaner. This color changing/brake dust reacting ingredient is one ingredient among many others in these three wheel cleaners being discussed. Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner will provide the most powerful cleaning ability out of the three, and is our most premium wheel cleaner which features this chemistry.

    We think users will be pleased with Ultimate All Wheel Cleaners ability to cling to the wheel surface, allowing for dwell time to go after brake dust & road grime.
    Nick,

    I'm looking for a wheel cleaner that can not only clean brake dust but also road film as well without agitation. Basically a spray on, let dwell and power rinse for a squeaky clean wheel. My wheels are ceramic coated and get cleaned a few times a month. And while dirt can rinse off rather easily, the road film still bonds to the painted surface and requires some light hand agitation which I would like to avoid if possible.

    Can the Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner do this?

  10. #10
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,434
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    Nick,

    I'm looking for a wheel cleaner that can not only clean brake dust but also road film as well without agitation. Basically a spray on, let dwell and power rinse for a squeaky clean wheel. My wheels are ceramic coated and get cleaned a few times a month. And while dirt can rinse off rather easily, the road film still bonds to the painted surface and requires some light hand agitation which I would like to avoid if possible.

    Can the Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner do this?
    Our product development team is not marketing this as completely no agitation simply because there are many variables. Type of contaminant or road grime, amount of on wheels, etc. We have found that Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner in many cases performs excellent with no agitation, especially when using a jet stream to rinse off or pressure washer. We have found in some cases agitation is needed depending on the above mentioned variables. Here is the directions taken from the back label for reference:

    DO NOT PRE-RINSE WHEELS. Use on cool wheels and brakes in the shade.
    1. Spray a generous amount, covering the entire wheel.
    2. Let the product dwell for 2 - 4 minutes. Do not let product dry on the surface.
    3. Spray off with a powerful stream of water.
    4. Dry wheels to prevent water spotting.

    Note: Agitation may be required for heavily soiled or neglected wheels.

    Hope this helps!

    Nick
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. Michael Stoops

Similar Threads

  1. Meguiar Non acid wheel tire cleaner VS Hot Rims
    By Cogos in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 30th, 2017, 10:30 PM
  2. MeguiarĀ“s All Wheel Cleaner
    By VMP in forum Consumer Line - Product Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jul 12th, 2010, 02:28 PM
  3. Meguiar's Hot Rims Wheel Cleaner, or Gold Class?
    By mb911 in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Jun 1st, 2010, 04:37 AM
  4. Meguiar's Gold Class Instant Wheel Cleaner (G-9224)
    By mr.haributo in forum For Sale or Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jan 27th, 2009, 09:56 AM
  5. ADR Design Wheels Tests and Recommends Meguiar's #36 Wheel Cleaner
    By Mike Phillips in forum Meguiar's Product Raves
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •