• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the new Meguiars foam Discs fit on my Lake Country 5 Inch Backing Plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the new Meguiars foam Discs fit on my Lake Country 5 Inch Backing Plate?

Hey guys,

So I want to try the Meguiars 5 inch foam discs(cutting, polishing and finishing) on my 7424xp da. The thing is I have the Lake Country 5 Inch Backing plate(part no. LC-43-125DA). I have read somewhere that the meguiars 5 inch dbp5 actual backing plate diameter is 4.75 inches whereas the LC one is 5 inches. Thus I'm wondering if I will NEED the Meguiars 5 inch backing plate or the Lake country will be fine and the pad will fit without any issue of extra pad hanging out or velcro issues...etc

I also have the DA Power System Pads and given that I can't seem to find the DBP3 3 Inch Meguiars Backing plate online(everywhere it's out of stock), I'm gonna instead order a 3 inch LC backing plate for use with the pads.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Will the new Meguiars foam Discs fit on my Lake Country 5 Inch Backing Plate?

They fit fine on that plate.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: Will the new Meguiars foam Discs fit on my Lake Country 5 Inch Backing Plate?

Originally posted by The Guz
      They fit fine on that plate.
      ^Agreed

If you're in the market...my favorite 5" DA Backing plate is the - DBP5 - DA BACKING PLATE - 5"

It has a built in white rotation line that is easy to see.
      This BP works GREAT on a PC and other DA machines.

[I]"Meguiar

Merlin - A Miracle Detailing

YouTube - Facebook - - Instagram

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');