• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Black Wax need to be topped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Black Wax need to be topped?

Hi everyone. This looks like a nice community of people!

I finally have a car worth washing and waxing. It's not new, a dark gray 2011 Accord but it's in great condition.

I washed it thoroughly after I got it and it still felt rough so I clay bar it and was really surprised by how smooth it came out. So I decided to grab an old bottle of wax and wax it. It looked good other than all the rock chips turned white from the wax. So I went to the store and bought the Meguiars Black Wax not knowing anything and thinking it would dry black in the chips. Now after some reading here I see that isn't the case. It does seem a bit darker than the other stuff I used first though.

My real questions though. Does it need to be topped with something? I like the way it looks but I'm confused on if it's a stand alone or needs some other wax or like the Fast Finish over it to protect it?

Thanks!

Re: Does the Black Wax need to be topped?

Welcome to MOL. Black Wax is referred to an All In One or a cleaner wax. Meaning it clean, polishes and protects. It contains a wax in it hence the name black wax. It will last you a few months.

Feel free to top it with something else if you wish. You can also maintain it with a spray wax like ultimate quik wax. It is recommended to use a product like black wax 3-4 times a year.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate it. I've been reading so much I thought it was an all in one but wasn't sure.

Would it be of benefit to top it with another Meguiars product for longevity? There seem to be so many products.

Comment

If you are going for longevity, yes, you could top it with something like Ultimate Wax or Fast Finish.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');