• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need recommendations for 06 Tundra with single stage white paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need recommendations for 06 Tundra with single stage white paint

Hello everyone, I have a White 2006 Tundra that has Toyota's single stage mix paint. I think it is a tough paint, but it also oxides and absorbs stains very easy. Much easier than my wife's 09 Silver Jeep GC. I also think the paint makes the wax not hold up nearly as long as the Jeep. When I first got the truck in 2010 it was badly oxidized. It looked very similar to the truck in this thread, so I polished it using a rotary and UC.

I feel like this is going to be the first of many Tundras I correct.... All white Tundras have the same exact fading issue. Come to find out, they use

Since then, I have been able to maintain a high gloss by just waxing it with a carnuba paste wax, but the wax does not seem to last very long, and the worst part is how the paint absorbs stains. Bug guts and especially tar take a ton of elbow grease and various products to remove. Again, much more than my wife's bc/cc Jeep.

So, someone in that thread mentioned using a sealant to cut down on the amount of waxing throughout the year. I am wondering A) what is a sealant, and B) if that could be the solution to my stain absorption and wax longevity problems?

I have an array of consumer line Megs products and a G110v2 with a few pads.

Can someone recommend a process and product list to get this truck up to par with the resiliency of a base coat/clear coat finish?

Thanks!

Re: Need recommendations for 06 Tundra with single stage white paint

A sealant is a synthetic wax. Like ultimate wax or NXT.

You may also want to consider claying and polishing to clean up the paint prior to sealing it.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: Need recommendations for 06 Tundra with single stage white paint

I'd also be interested to try Meguiar's new Ultra Polishing Wax (D166). It should give a little extra cleaning ability and a much longer protection life than your carnauba waxes. Adjust your pad as necessary.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');