• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most difficult stain ever (new car)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most difficult stain ever (new car)!

All,

Looking for some help.

My dad just purchased a 2017 Lincoln MKZ in the Platinum White tri-coat color. It has less than a couple thousand miles on it and a few good coats of Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax.

This past weekend, my dad took the car for a highway ride and had a few bugs on the front bumper cover. He went to remove what he thought was a "bug" and said it left a stain on the paint (in addition to a small gouge). I took a look at it.

The stain left behind appears to actually be a stain entirely IN the paint. I tried everything in my arsenal to get it off/out:
    • Clay bar
    • Mineral spirits
    • Lacquer thinner
    • Cleaner wax
    • Meguiars M21
    • Meguiars M105 (hand)
    • Meguiars M206 (hand)
    • Meguiars M04 heavy-cut cleaner (hand)

The stain hasn't budged or faded whatsoever. The surface is perfectly smooth.

We are pretty sure it was not present when he picked the car up, and think it was a bug, though being at the bottom of the bumper it could have been just about anything on the road.

Any thoughts? He's pretty upset because the car needed to have the plastic rocker panels repainted already because the service department gouged them lifting the car for pre-delivery inspection. And part of the back bumper trim was damaged on delivery as well.

Thanks in advance!

Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');