• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polishing pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing pads

Hi all. i use a Rupes polisher and have been reading on other websites that if I use meguiars polishing pads on a Rupes polisher that they will fly off and overheat is this true or total B.S I have been using Rupes pads only
    thanks for your help.

Tall Golfer.

Re: Polishing pads

The only pad I like on the Rupes is the burgundy foam cutting pad and the microfiber cutting pads. The foam pads will not fly off and I did not notice any excessive heat build up with the burgundy foam pad.

I didn't like the yellow or the black foam pads on the Rupes. I still prefer the Rupes yellow and white pads over the Meguia's pads.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks for your info
      question for you when you are using Rupes polishing pads with Meguiar's products do you prime the pad? or do you do like Rupes suggests and do it the Rupes way

Comment

I prime the rupes yellow and white pad with M205 just like the Meguiar's pads. The rupes blue I prime like Rupes states.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thank you very much for answering

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');