• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A stomach turning scratch. Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A stomach turning scratch. Please help

Hello, Meguiars Online thanks for the add to the forum.

As you guys can see from the title I have a killer scratch down the side of my 2016 Audi A3 and was hoping you guys can point me in the right direction of getting it fixed but avoiding a body shop if possible.

Two nights ago I heard my car alarm ringing away so I jumped up as any person would and ran to the door to find nothing, I could see no one anywhere near my car or on the street for that matter. I woke up for work the next morning went to enter my car and that's when I had seen what set my car alarm off, about a 3 foot long scratch down the passenger side door. I don't know if this was an ac ident or someone has damaged my car, all I know is that it needs fixing and I'm getting some CCTV fitted to my house.

There will be a picture below to show you what I am dealing with and if you guys could help me out getting this scratch as close to normal as possible that would be great. I'm going to need some advice of what products you use to what techniques you use and work best to get scratches out.

If there is any other information needed please drop a comment below and I will be sure to reply.

Thanks

Re: A stomach turning scratch. Please help

Welcome to MOL!

Firstly, that scratch looks deep. Does it catch in your fingernail when you (lightly) rub over it? If so it will likely be too deep to remove and may require a repaint.

Also, what is the white stuff under the door handle in the picture?

Comment

I can kind of feel the scratch but no so much and never noticed the white stuff it must be a captcha problem because it's not on my Audi

Comment

Generally, if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail it's too deep to remove without adding paint- either a touch up paint or a respray. Never hurts to give other methods a try first though.

Which, if any, products do you have already? Any compounds or polishes?

Comment

I thought I posted this already? I have been doing a little extra research online and I have come across these touch up pens online here http://www.for-sale.co.uk/car-paint-pen have you had any experience with them?

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');