• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this safe to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this safe to do?

I just picked up a 17' Mazda CX-5 in snowflake white mica. I love the color and the vehicle. However, I forgot how difficult it is to wax white paint. I honestly can't see where I left residue or not. How do you tell on white paint? Also, does white paint scratch? I haven't noticed anything yet - surface scratches, etc.

Also, I used Optimum Spray Wax. I sprayed, wiped, turned the towel and worked it in. I then took a clean microfiber towel and went over all of the panels lightly to just make sure there was no residue left. Is that too dangerous scratch wise to do?

Thanks much!

Re: Is this safe to do?

On light colored cars, working in the shade is your friend because you can move your head around and look "across" the paint. With a traditional wax, liquid or paste, you should be able to see the slight haziness. Spray wax...you'll probably just have to work small sections and overlap.

Comment

Roush pretty much nailed it.

Just to add white paint can scratch and swirl just like dark paint. Just harder to see. But in the right light it's noticeable.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Is Plastic X ok to use on the pillars? I

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');