• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are these spots on my paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these spots on my paint?

2014 vehicle. It has 2 or 3 white spots on the body. I don't know what they are, but the texture is different from the paint, what could have caused this?

Is it oxidation? the clear coat on that spot failing? How do you fix those?

It also has a weird black spot, almost as if is black paint from another car? or what could it be, but is on the door.

Re: What are these spots on my paint?

The bottom pic looks like someone opened their door into yours & left a 'ding'.

Comment

All of it was already there when I bought the car used.

Comment

The black spot looks like paint transfer. If so, should come off with a little polish or clay. The bottom looks like a "ding" or rock chip that some has used touch up paint to repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
          The black spot looks like paint transfer. If so, should come off with a little polish or clay. The bottom looks like a "ding" or rock chip that some has used touch up paint to repair.
          I clayed the car 2 weeks ago and times before as well, unfortunately, it didn't come off. I don't want to try anything myself unless I know it will work, because I could make it worse or mess up the paint.

Comment

You might want to take it to a detailing shop to see what they'd recommend considering what you've already tried.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');