• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT vs. Black Paste for Black Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT vs. Black Paste for Black Cars

Used to use NXT all the time. Recently heard about Meguiars Black Paste. Any comparison between these two on a dark car like a BMW Jet Black or Honda Accord Black?

Any big tradeoffs between the two?

Re: NXT vs. Black Paste for Black Cars

Blck Paste appears to have some cleaners in it. It's been awhile since I used NXT but I don't think it has cleaners. My opinion.. I don't like NXT on darker color vehicles as it tends to leave a cling wrap look. I also don't much care for waxes with cleaners.

Personally, I'd recommend Ultimate Liquid Wax over those two.

Comment

Re: NXT vs. Black Paste for Black Cars

That is correct. Both are different products. Black wax is a cleaner wax that will clean, polish and protect. NXT is a finishing sealant.

It depends on what you are planning to do. If a quick detail then black wax is what you want. If you are doing some sort of paint correction (compounding and/or polishing) then NXT would be the product to use.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');