• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The emotionally traumatic effects of peeling clearcoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The emotionally traumatic effects of peeling clearcoat

My previous car was a 2004 Chevy Cavalier that had massive clear coat failure and it was all my fault. I owned it for 10 years and rarely if never washed the car, every now and then I would take it through the $3 quick car wash, mostly because I didn't care/didn't know how it important it was. I only waxed once in those 10 years and it was with the cheapest Turtle wax. It was always outside on the hot Florida sun. I don't think I even washed it before that one wax lol I gotta admit I felt embarrassed driving it and being seen it by the 9-10 year mark where it got really bad, not only was the car not very good looking from factory, but it had clear coat failure on top of it and of course, my hubcaps also had clear coat failure from never washing them. I would park very far away, so people wouldn't see me getting out of it lol

In October 2016, I bought a 2014 Mazda 6 and since then I've been washing and waxing religiously, claying twice a year, vacuuming and cleaning the seats, dash, etc once a week, it may seen excessive to regular people, but I've lived with clear coat failure and I don't want it to happen again. My only concern is how the previous owner took care of the car since 2014 to 2016. It was a woman who had a lease on it and apparently she had free car washes and maintenance by the dealer in that time.
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');