• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you use Meguiar Ultimate liquid wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you use Meguiar Ultimate liquid wax?

Would it be excessive to apply it every month? I've been doing every 2 months for a while, but I just realized this actually qualifies as a sealant, so it should last longer. My car is parked and lives outside. I only drive to go to work and do shopping, nothing serious. I use Meguiar Gold wash, which is a very forgiving wash and it does not remove waxes very well. I mean, considering how little you have to use, one bottle lasts quite a while.

Re: How often do you use Meguiar Ultimate liquid wax?

That is correct that ultimate wax is a sealant. No need to apply monthly as it can last up to 6 months on it's own depending on the area one lives in and the surrounding environment. If you like to wax monthly, then this is where ultimate quik wax comes into play.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      That is correct that ultimate wax is a sealant. No need to apply monthly as it can last up to 6 months on it's own depending on the area one lives in and the surrounding environment. If you like to wax monthly, then this is where ultimate quik wax comes into play.
      I don't think it lasts as long as 6 months though, more like 3 months, it all depends on the situation. I wash the car every week and is always outside on the hot florida sun, there is no way it could last 6 months. I'd rather play on the safe side, so I will use the ultimate wax every 3 months.

Comment

Check how it looks after 2 1/2 months. if it looks OK, leave for another few weeks.. It may need another application at that time. Inspect and try a test spot with the Ultra wax. You could try a test spot after2 1/2 months also to satisfy yourself. Florida weather is very hard on an non garaged car.
        Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by sunday joe View Post
          Check how it looks after 2 1/2 months. if it looks OK, leave for another few weeks.. It may need another application at that time. Inspect and try a test spot with the Ultra wax. You could try a test spot after2 1/2 months also to satisfy yourself. Florida weather is very hard on an non garaged car.
          Good luck.
          Yeah, my previous car had clear coat failure due to not taking care of it and the sun. So far, I've been waxing every 2 months with this ultimate wax, considering how long it lasts and how easy it is to apply, I guess I will keep doing that. Also, the paint job on new Mazdas is known to be on the thin side. That car is sleeping outside 24/7 and I only drive to work, shopping, going out on weekends. Everyday is around 90 degrees here, not that much compared to other places, but still I've seen it go over 100 many times. Windows tinted with 18% tint and windshield cover every day lol

Comment

Mike Phillips is now in Palm Beach. As Mike Says:
            "Find something you like and use it often"

Your recent posts show that you are concerned about clear coat failure. Clearly, clear coat failure is unattractive. Prevention is less costly than the cure. Two stage repaints with quality prep/paint/clear are $4K to $10K. Show quality is even more.

It sounds like you have the Ultimate Liquid Wax process down and find it enjoyable. I would encourage you to stay with that 6 or more times per year.

Miami has some things going against your clear coat, so protecting it is going to help you keep it.
            1) You are not garage parked, during day or evening
            2) Balance shade vs. bird bombs
            3) It can rain any day in Miami, coming from Atlantic or across from the Gulf. Mud splash and water spots are a reality all year.
            4) The marine layer and even breezes can be laden with salts in the water droplets.
            5) With any large city, there are contaminants from cars, trucks, planes and construction.
            6) Love Bugs

Try to get a fresh protection layer at the start of Love Bug season. You may need to clean and replace it every few weeks before they run their cycle.
            Since you need to adjust to today's weather, if you shoot for every 90 days, you might get delayed to 120 days, due to weekend rains. Aim for a more frequent cycle and if you get delayed, you will have some remaining protection.

Keep the Mazda clean, shiny and protected to keep the UV and bird damage to a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Cogos View Post
              I don't think it lasts as long as 6 months though, more like 3 months, it all depends on the situation. I wash the car every week and is always outside on the hot florida sun, there is no way it could last 6 months. I'd rather play on the safe side, so I will use the ultimate wax every 3 months.
              I've had it go 5 months before it needed another application. Different environments = different longevity.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');