• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making white paint "POP"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making white paint "POP"

Hello!

i just picked up a 2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring with the premium package in snowflake pearl. I am trying to figure out what the best way to make the pearl really pop. When I first got otast week, I put a coat of Megs ultimatefast finish finish. I then topped it the day after with Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 as a quick detailer And usually as a coat after a car wash since it's a hybrid product and has a selant in it.

So, what would you all recommend? I want some easy to apply by hand. Also, something that will hold up to the Wisconsin winters.

i would love all of your help!

as far as megs white wax goes, will that put swirl marks in the paint if you apply it too hard or not hard enough?

Re: Making white paint "POP"

I posted my response in your other thread.

White Wax will not cause swirls. It will actually remove swirls as it contains abrasives. Unfortunately it probably won't last through a Wisconsin winter. Ultimate Wax, fast finish or both would be a better choice as they are more durable than a wax.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: Making white paint "POP"

TBH, I would search for a "sealant" this you can apply 2-3 times per year, and just keep a layer of liquid carnauba wax (or synthetic wax) on a constant basis on top of the sealant.
      You'll want a fresh sealant before the salt/winter for sure.

You can apply a ceramic/glass (silica based) sealant, but some of those are hard to apply/remove for first time users.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');