• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratch X 2.0 on Chrome Plastic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch X 2.0 on Chrome Plastic?

I tried it and it didn't get rid of the light scratch. I also tried Nu Finish Scratch Doctor (is that less abrasive?) and it didn't work.

And are these scratch products less abrasive than other products? I don't think it's a good idea to use anything more abrasive on it.

What should I use at the very least to keep the shine?

Also, is PlastX as abrasive as Scratch X 2.0? I use Scratch X 2.0 on my headlights and it keeps it clear and shiny.

Re: Scratch X 2.0 on Chrome Plastic?

PlastX is not as abrasive as ScratchX; the former is for plastic, the latter for paint. If ScratchX didn't get rid of the scratch I'd live with it because you're right, the more you do the more likely you are to damage the chromed plastic.

Here's a link to the aggressiveness of many products, the opinion of someone knowledgable. Click on the list after you get into the link and it will enlarge.

Comment

Re: Scratch X 2.0 on Chrome Plastic?

Originally posted by Joe Dragon View Post
      PlastX is not as abrasive as ScratchX; the former is for plastic, the latter for paint. If ScratchX didn't get rid of the scratch I'd live with it because you're right, the more you do the more likely you are to damage the chromed plastic.

Here's a link to the aggressiveness of many products, the opinion of someone knowledgable. Click on the list after you get into the link and it will enlarge.

https://www.autopia.org/Todd-Helme/polish-chart.jpg
      Thank you. I'll have to bookmark that. It's a shame that chart doesn't have every brand.

I just decided to put some Nu Finish Polish (sealant?) on that to keep the shine. It's just a towel scratch so you can't see it from 1 foot away.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');