• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these products and combinations good for detailing and waxing my black car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these products and combinations good for detailing and waxing my black car?

I only completed the trunk of my car. First I used Nu Finish Polish, then I used M-Tech instant detailer to clean any smudges left over, then I used Turtle Wax Jet Black Spray Wax.

How long do you think that spray wax will last? And is that instant detailer good? I know Meguiars has something called Ultimate Quik Detailer and Ultimate Quik Wax. Are those better than the corresponding ones that I have?

Keep in mind, I only use microfiber towels. No machinery.

Also, can you please recommend a spray that can be used to "wash" my car of regular dirt build up, or am I going to have to just use automatic car washes anytime I want to wax because I'm lazy?

I'm not interested in applying that polish to any more of the car unless there is hazing / streaks / micro marring I want to get rid of. It takes too long. I'd rather just use an instant detailer and spray wax.

Re: Are these products and combinations good for detailing and waxing my black car?

Use a rinseless wash system if you want to just spray and wipe.

Comment

Re: Are these products and combinations good for detailing and waxing my black car?

Originally posted by OCDer View Post
      Use a rinseless wash system if you want to just spray and wipe.
      Do you know if that M Tech Instant detailer spray will strip that spray wax?

Comment

Originally posted by theblackaltima View Post
        Well, detailer sprays are only meant to remove light dust and fingerprints, so I imagine it wouldn't interfere too much with the spray wax.

Comment

Originally posted by theblackaltima View Post
          I wouldn't say it would "strip" it, but it will "weaken" the effectiveness of the spray wax.
          Synthetic spray wax is considered one of the "weakest" form of "wax" protectant... followed by carnauba wax... full synthetic wax... water-base sealants... and lastly ceramic/glass (silica based) coatings.

You'll need a strong waterless/rinseless wash to strip the quick spray wax on the car.
          Sometimes regular car wash detergents are not enough to strip a fresh layer of any wax... which would require an IPA.

Best way to tell is finger rub or water test to see if the wax is still there.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');