• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boosting Mirror Bright Polishing Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boosting Mirror Bright Polishing Wax

Which would be the better booster for Mirror Bright Polishing Wax....Ultimate Quick Wax or Gold Class Premium Quick Wax (with carnauba)?

I should add that my white truck has been looking good with the most recent application of Mirror Bright Polishing Wax being applied nine months ago. During that time my truck as been blasted with soap at a coin-op about six to eight times with a followup wash using Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax or Meg's Wash and Wax Anywhere. When I do a real wash (in good weather every week or two), I use Meg's Ultimate Wash and Wax.

A second related question. If I always use a wash product that contains wax (carnauba) and/or polymers, do I even need a booster wax. My truck is garaged every night and we live in an area where the is very little nasty air pollution.

OR should I just accept that my little detail world is changing and apply Final Finish after Mirror Bright Polishing Wax?

Re: Boosting Mirror Bright Polishing Wax

Ultimate Quik Wax will leave a more durable hydrophobic layer of protection behind than Gold Class will not. Either one will work fine.

The wax element in a car wash is not meant to be a durable form of protection. It is there to give you that freshly waxed look. You can use a spray wax as a drying aid or after you dry the car with no issues.

If you wish to apply fast finish then yes apply it over MB polishing wax once the polishing wax has cured roughly 12-24 hours. You would not top fast finish with MB polishing wax as it contains SMAT abrasives which will remove whatever is applied under it.

Fast Finish will still need some sort of maintenance as it is not a set and forget it type of product. Remember frequent car care is easy car care.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');