• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acid damage to Aluminum/Chrome - Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acid damage to Aluminum/Chrome - Help!

I was given a purple degreaser for under my hood cleaning - Nobody warned me about the effects on high polished chrome/aluminum aftermarket parts (like my CAI and struts etc).

It was in a refillable container - so I didnt have the option of reading any warning labels etc.

Now the mirror like shine is a dull whitish hazy tarnished look. Which meguiar's product do I use to restore/polish them back to their original look?

HELP.
    http://users.efni.com/~twm/delsoltagline.jpg

Re: Acid damage to Aluminum/Chrome - Help!

Originally posted by BeachDude
    I was given a purple degreaser for under my hood cleaning - Nobody warned me about the effects on high polished chrome/aluminum aftermarket parts (like my CAI and struts etc).

It was in a refillable container - so I didnt have the option of reading any warning labels etc.

Now the mirror like shine is a dull whitish hazy tarnished look. Which Meguiar's product do I use to restore/polish them back to their original look?

HELP.
    Hi BeachDude,

As this is your first post, Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Sorry to hear of the mishap... to remove the staining effect and restore a brilliance, try using our new NXT Generation™ All Metal Polysh

This metal polish works awesome and leaves behind an anti-corrosive agent to help prevent and slow down corrosion, oxidation and deterioration.

Easy to use, works great.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');