• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ult Fast Finish - the whole car or one panel at a time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ult Fast Finish - the whole car or one panel at a time?

Today I put yet another application of UFF on the Camaro. Like usual, I applied it to the entire car, then wiped it off. While doing it today, it occurred to me that in the videos and the instructions, they go one section at a time, applying then immediately removing the UFF and I started to wonder if I should change my method of application to doing one or 1/2 panel at a time then removing the UFF.

I was also wondering if there were any benefits to leaving the Ult Fast Finish on that extra time, or am I just hurting myself and making it harder to remove (not that it's difficult to remove)?

Too, how much should I be spraying on the applicator for each section? I don't use the supplied MF cloth, I use a round, microfiber covered sponge to apply it. In the videos, I'm seeing people (in the Meguiar's videos too) spraying - what I consider - to be quite a bit of Ult Fast Finish on the applicator towel, so I started using a bit more and while the water behavior is excellent using a bit more & 24 hours have passed, it's now more than just a simple 'wipe' to remove - still not difficult, but more than just a light wipe. How many towels should it take to remove the residue left by the Ult Fast Finish from a car the size of a Camaro?

I know, I sound like a newbie, but I'm starting to really like Ult Fast Finish and I don't want to start hating it because *I* am doing it wrong.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: Ult Fast Finish - the whole car or one panel at a time?

Since UFF is designed to wipe on then wipe off I doubt there would be any benefit to letting it sit for a period of time. Like you, I used one of those small microfiber applicator pads instead of a towel for ease of use. For a section whether it be a hood or a door etc... I used 2-3 sprays onto the pad then spread it out evenly going horizontally and vertically. Then went over it lightly with a microfiber towel. I may have used a couple towels for the whole car, I don't exactly recall. Doing it section by section the whole car (2008 Mercury Sable) was done in no time.

Now to see how long I can stretch this stuff on a garage queen...
    2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by fordf150 View Post
      Like you, I used one of those small microfiber applicator pads instead of a towel for ease of use.
      I have since discovered that using a small-ish microfiber cloth is MUCH better for applying the UFF. It's much more even, covers more area faster and surprisingly easier to control.
      Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"

Comment

How about a yellow Megs foam applicator pad? I think Nick said MStoops applied it this way and had no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by evo77 View Post
          How about a yellow Megs foam applicator pad? I think Nick said MStoops applied it this way and had no issues.
          I didn't have any real issues applying the UFF with the applicator pad, I just found that a smallish microfiber towel works much better for me.
          Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');