• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touch up drying time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch up drying time

Hey guys,
    I would appreciate some advice.
    I have tried to seek the answers to my questions but have been unable to find precise answers.

Firstly, my car has some scratches. Not bad at all. In fact small and thin. I have read up on using primer first before using the touch up pen and then finally waiting a month before waxing.

1.What I would like to know is how long do I need to let the primer dry before I can use the touch up pen?
    2. And how long do I need to wait between touch up coats?
    If possible I would like to get this done in one day- because I cant guarantee it wont rain!

Secondly, I need to spray paint a small part of my plastic bumper. The scratches aren't so big but it requires more than a touch up. Again I have read up on what to do here. Do I apply the same drying times that will be recommended for a small touch up pen?

Lastly,
    A small part of clear coat has peeled off my car. I was going to apply some clear coat to fix this problem. What is the recommended drying time before the car can be exposed to the elements?

Many thanks

Re: Touch up drying time

Every time I have used paint, (any kind of paint including automotive) it normally has much information directly on the container label, including drying and re-coat times. I would refer to those directions, as all paints (even different automotive paints) have different properties, dry times, etc.

Comment

I am in foreign land and I can't read the instructions!

Comment

Well, Brand "A" could have different specs from brand "B". and different again for brand "C". Is there no one that can read Korean for you? I hesitate to provide dry and re-coat times, no products I cannot see or have worked with. Perhaps someone else will come on and provide some generic or average times. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
          Well, Brand "A" could have different specs from brand "B". and different again for brand "C". Is there no one that can read Korean for you? I hesitate to provide dry and re-coat times, no products I cannot see or have worked with. Perhaps someone else will come on and provide some generic or average times. Good luck to you.
          oK, THANKS

Comment

Judging by your description,i'd say the damage can not be repaired by yourself and you most possibly will just make it worse and must find a paint shop anyway.
            Because touch up pen or aerosol will not magically blend in and polish itself. You must wet sand and then polish the surface to achieve even the bare minimum level of 'touching up' which is a very skilled multi stage process . So I'd say save the time and effort by going to a paint shop and get it repaired for you.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');