• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor Swirl Marks after Sanding/Compound/Polish/Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minor Swirl Marks after Sanding/Compound/Polish/Wax

Originally posted by Nick Winn View Post
    In general, the most effective way to remove sanding marks from 2000 grit hand sanding is going to be with a rotary machine, a wool pad or foam cutting pad, and a compound like our M105 Ultra Cut Compound. As dual action polisher machines like our MT300 become more powerful, they are starting to be able to efficiently remove very fine sanding marks like 3000 grit with an aggressive pad, compound, and technique. I don't beleive our DA Power System drill attachment is going to be able to remove 2000 grit hand sanding marks. It if is possible, you are going to have to work very very aggressively, which obviously is not ideal.
    I believe that the above is the best approach. Question: do you prefer wool pad vs a foam pad for this 1st compounding step?

Can you recommend wool pad and foam pads for this 1st step and which you prefer for using after a fresh repaint with urethane clearcoat after wetsanding?

E.g. "Meguiars WRWHC7 Solo Wool Heavy Cutting Pad 7 inch"

vs.

"Soft Buffing Wool Part #WRWC8" (whats the difference??)

vs. Foam Pad "Meguiar's WRFC7 7" Rotary Foam Cutting Pad".

I will be using a Makita Rotary.

Thanks!

Comment

Re: Minor Swirl Marks after Sanding/Compound/Polish/Wax

Just to clarify, I will be using a Makita Rotary

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');