• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sonax CC36 ceramic coating, anyone tried it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonax CC36 ceramic coating, anyone tried it?

Apparently this is something new and made in Germany, not some rebranded stuff from some random generic Korean Chems factory.

It's a two stage coating in aerosol canisters and they claim it'll last for up to 36months and will actually harden the CC to some degree and the video I found on YouTube looks like pure witchcraft, I mean, they even went so far by claiming that it can stop some road debris...

Re: Sonax CC36 ceramic coating, anyone tried it?

I recently attended a demo of this product at detailing.com. The demo was done by the Sonax reps including Rob McCrary. They provided a lot of good information on the coating. CC36 was announced at SEMA 2016.

It's been in Germany for quite sometime. Sonax USA has been researching and developing it for US distribution. Here in the states it is a 2 part coating with no prep spray included. In Germany it comes with a prep spray. The prep spray is not VOC compliant to be sold to the states.

After speaking with the Sonax folks, the claim is that CC36 is an up to 1 year coating with no toppers and just routine washes. They stated to extend the life of the coating to use Sonax Polymer Net Dhield every 4-6 months. It was mentioned that polymer net shield and CC36 share some chemistry make up.

So part 1 is the base coat. That is the layer that is going to protect the paint. Part 2 is the gloss coat and this is what adds gloss and protect the base coat. It will not harden the clear coat as they stated but it will resist wash marring better than a wax or sealant. It is recommended to wait 1 hour before part 1 and part 2.

When I saw this demoed in front of me it gave the paint a great look. It darkened the paint a bit making it appear richer. It has crazy hydrophobic properties.

The folks at Autogeek sent me a kit to review so stay tuned to that over on Autogeek within the next few weeks.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: Sonax CC36 ceramic coating, anyone tried it?

Hmm..So they dailed back the claims quite abit in the states, It should be called cc12 instead lol.

So it's basically an upgraded version of their PNS? I've been using PNS for quite some time and loved it but if this cc36 is only good for up to 12months then I'd say it's hard to justify the extra cost and double coat hassle...

I think the paint prep spray is the same stuff as their finish control degrease spray, pretty strong stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');